GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It goes without saying after the success of the Summer Special at Brands Hatch that this will be yet another great day out from the Modified Live crew! You can expect all the usual mayhem & madness as you can see above as well as the guaranteed feeling of "I need more hours in the day to take it all in" feeling as you walk round! The GTROC will be there again this time at the SNETTERTON CIRCUIT which has enjoyed a renaissance since MSV took over in 2004 radically transformed spectator facilities & a busy racing calendar. It remains one of the fastest tracks in the UK & the Norfolk circuit is located 10 miles north-east of Thetford on the A11. The circuit also hosts annual visits from the British Superbike & British Touring Car Championships as well as a double header meeting from the British Formula 3 & GT Championships. There are also two & four wheel club meetings most weekends during the season with standout events including the Lotus Festival & the Citroen 2CV 24 hour race. This is a circuit you don't want to miss the track action at!

The club stand will be right in amongst the action & as you can see from above you have plenty to look forward to so you need to book your place fast before places run out! Prices for GTROC Members as well as Registered Forum UseRs going on the stand are as follows :

GTROC STAND :

£15.00 Driver & Vehicle.
£15.00 Per Passenger.

Please specify if you require a club stand pass to park your Skyline or GTR - only one per person. This is open to members as well as registered forum users.

There is also a GTROC Track Day going on the day before this event at Snetterton replacing the cancelled Cadwell Park day. Many of the TIME ATTACK competitors will be out practising on this day as well so whether your already there or not, then why not make a weekend out of it :thumbsup:

Names below if your going please :

:popcorn:​

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'd like to go but it all depends on what day it is and work - cant help noticing the offical poster you have shown says the 12th of October but I make that a monday???? Is that right???? I know you have listed it as the 11th but even so..........

If it is a monday, I cant make it as I'll be working.
Probably just a printing error though I'm sure.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's because the bloody website & all the links were down at the time of posting so this is what GOOGLE came up with so no I didn't check it properly!

I will repair later <pokes tongue out!t> :D
At least 'I' was right !!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
LOL, oh yeah! I was so busy looking at the October 12th part that I didnt see the 2008 part.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
01. davewilkins
02. Snowfiend & Uzibat (Club stand pass please)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nicely put SNOWY !!! Dave, do you require a club stand pass?

01. Davewilkins
02. Snowfiend & Uzibat (Club Stand Pass)

·
Registered
146 Posts
01. Davewilkins (Club Stand Pass)
03. Oliver134 (Club stand Pass)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In 2008 MODIFIED LIVE held their first ever model search competition which was used to find our 2009 grid girl. As a result of the competition, we found our 2009 face of Modified Live, Time Attack Series & NFS European Drift Championship grid girl in the form of 21yr old Michelle Westby.

Michelle Westby -2009 Winner​

Since the beginning of 2009 Michelle has been part of the M.L Team & has been seen throughout advertising campaigns as well as her official grid girl duties at all of the events making her the face of 2009.

For 2010 the search is on once again & M.L are out to find the best girl capable of representing the events as the official face & body of 2010.

What do you need to do to enter? Its simple, M.L operate an easy system of entry in that they do not need to hear from you in advance or require you to register in advance :-

* Identify yourself as someone who can handle the job for 2010!
* Get along to Modified Live at Snetterton on October 11th
* Register yourself at the competitor sign-on office before 10am
* Once registered you will be given an official model search badge and number
* You spend the day introducing yourself to Time Attack & EDC drivers, letting them get to know who you are.
* Visit the Max Power stage for an interview with the editor and staff
* Attend the final podium presentations at 1800hrs to have a group shot for the magazines
* Go home & wait for us to contact you.

The selection process will be in the form of responses back from our staff & drivers as to which girl got their vote according to the badge number displayed, i.e. '' number 32 was great looking & was well presented, sounded fun to talk to too '' - these comments are put together & a final decision made by show officials with pubic announcements made on the website and in the various car related magazine partners we have. The Grid Girl competition winner will be paid to represent M.L in 2010 at the shows & will be featured in various promotional material produced by us & magazines including Max Power.

So gentleman & possibly ladies ... anyones other half interested then as this might give you the 'day pass' to attend without any nagging :chuckle: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
For those interested in making a weekend of it. The Saturday (the day before Modified Live) is a GTROC Track day at Snetterton. Full details are in the GTROC Members Events section.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those interested in making a weekend of it. The Saturday (the day before Modified Live) is a GTROC Track day at Snetterton. Full details are in the GTROC Members Events section.
We said that in the first post on this thread :chuckle:
But superb reminder, would have been great to be able to have done that at Brands
:thumbsup: :clap:

GTROC/REGISTER STAND -

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
It's just been confirmed that Nissan Motor GB will be there! As well as having a stand with GTRs and 370Zs there will also be a hospitality unit and plenty of people on hand to answer questions about the new car and, especially about the sat-nave version of the new car. :)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I can now confirm that, with the backing of NISSAN, this event will host a parade lap of all sports cars. As well as a range of Zed cars (from 240Zs all the way through to some current 370Zs) it will see as many Skylines and GTRs as we can get on track! The parade will be to show what Nissan can do and what it has produced.

Nissan will be at the event and are sponsoring this part of the event! There will be more details and announcements soon as to what else Nissan plan to do, but for now just get your name down on the list!!!
:)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
.... and in case you're wondering what it might look and sound like here is the prvious one that was organised by the GTROC, Skyline Owners Club and Skylineowners

1 - 20 of 143 Posts