GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've changed over to the 33 BMC from the standard 32.

I don't like the way the 32 housing looks so want to retain the 33.

My question is how do I modify the 32 brake fluid sensor to fit the 33 housing.

Get a 33 sensor (which may be pretty hard to find) and modify it? Any other way?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
i had the same issue when i changed my 32 to 34 bmc (bm57). i cant get that sensor to retrofit it. i ended up interchanging the 32 and 34 reservoirs to make it easier. when i rAng nissan they required VIN/chassis number of the r34 to confirm the part number. didnt bother! unless you can ask someone here to share their VIN number to you.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had the same issue when i changed my 32 to 34 bmc (bm57). i cant get that sensor to retrofit it. i ended up interchanging the 32 and 34 reservoirs to make it easier. when i rAng nissan they required VIN/chassis number of the r34 to confirm the part number. didnt bother! unless you can ask someone here to share their VIN number to you.
Yeah I saw your thread when you ended up changing the reservoirs.

I have some crimps laying around so I'll try it that way.

Cheers for the responses guys. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
What does the sensor do on the BMC anyway as there's no brake fluid level indicator is there on the 32 ? :S

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Pretty sure the brake fluid level indicator is the same as the 33 & 34 in that the handbrake sign comes on

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was looking at it today and the 33 has the sensor on the opposite side to the 32 reservoir, do you guys know which way the two wires go? Or just try with trial and error?

Since I don't want to open another thread, where can I find a calliper rewind tool for the 2 pot brembos? I can only find tools that do it for one pot brakes. I have some new tasty pads ready to go on but don't want to fit old ones, drive to garage, let them rewind etc etc.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Shouldn't matter which way round the wires go as it's just an open or closed circuit based on the position of the float in the reservoir - that or I got lucky the first way I tried it.

The two pot brembos don't need a rewind tool just a pad spreader or similar. Only cars which combine the handbrake and piston brake need the pistons winding back in eg AW11 MR2, Skylines have a separate drum brake for the handbrake.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Was under the impression that the pistons just need to be pushed back in. Saw the calliper rewind tool on halfords website and thought that was the right tool for the job. Never thought of a pad spreader.

Recommend any spreader? Or anyone will do as they carry out a relatively simple purpose.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I've had one of this sort for years, seems to work pretty well: 449774 Disc Pad Brake Piston Seperator Caliper Removal & Installation Car Tool | eBay

I tend to crack the bleed nipple before hand so the grotty brake fluid from inside the caliper doesn't get pushed back up the line.

The idea is to push the pistons back in nice and straight so they don't hang up, tbh for the most part you can actually do this without a specific tool just a suitable lever that wont ding the discs.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts