GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Quick question for ye, how easy / hard is it to modify the 34 gtr seat rails as i would like to be able for the driver seat to slide back another 2-3 inches to give me a bit more leg room

Can the rails be modified easy enough and could i use rails from a 32/33 as a donor to modify the existing 34 rail ?

Thanks
Shane

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Should be able to.
You can make up adaptor brackets that pick up the factory mounts.
The two front ones kind of fit over a chassis brace but you shouls be able to make up a bracket that picks up the threaded holes on this and then repositions the hole further back, you will need to brace this to the rear of the chassis brace or the floor as this is what takes mose of the weight.

Might move the seat up slightly
OR cut the braketsd off the seat frame and make new ones and weld them on.
The adaptors a better idea as you can take them off when you sell the car.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
how long are your legs!

Im just thinking now. Im sure my seat will go all the way back untill it hits the rear seats. Where does your seat stop then?

I will double check tomorrow

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will take a pic late, i have the seat slid back fully and have a good 6+ inches still available behind me

·
Registered
832 Posts
Think about going lower, not farther back. I made a modified rail that is much lower than stock. Works excellent but can be a bitch to get in and out....

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My drive isnt the widest drive around so its a bit dodge getting out of the car and keeping the door from hitting of the wall lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but i'm in the same situation (to long legs :( ) and wonder if you found any solution how to get the seats further back?

/Stefan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts