GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well having decided to keep the car, coming upto 3 yrs in May (longest ive ever had a car before is 18months) ive decided to add my first few mods (apart from Y pipe and 4 light kit and wrap )
A week on monday im off to Litchfields for 36 month service, 4 new tyres, stage 2 and MY12 g/b software. Also decided to have some spacers fitted 15mm front and 20mm rear.

But then a thought occured to me. With the front tyres sticking out another 15mm will the side of the car be much more prone to stone chips. If so i might reconsider.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Well having decided to keep the car, coming upto 3 yrs in May (longest ive ever had a car before is 18months) ive decided to add my first few mods (apart from Y pipe and 4 light kit and wrap )
A week on monday im off to Litchfields for 36 month service, 4 new tyres, stage 2 and MY12 g/b software. Also decided to have some spacers fitted 15mm front and 20mm rear.

But then a thought occured to me. With the front tyres sticking out another 15mm will the side of the car be much more prone to stone chips. If so i might reconsider.
Hello mate

Hope your well :thumbsup:

You will defo get more road rash infront of the rear arches.

Robbie

·
Registered
366 Posts

Mines is a daily driver, new last Sept.
Cleaning the car a few weeks ago and there is quite a rash around the front area of rear arches. Its obviously coming from the crap thrown back by the fronts. Nothing major and I've already started to tidy it up but with spacers it would be a whole lot worse.

Nissan have made an attempt to protect this area with some vinyl but it covers what - 8x4''? Not enough.

Have never been into wraps/ protection but would seriously consider this area if I was going for spacers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have put spacers on a few months ago 15&20mm and definatley more scratches but car sits sooooo much better i would do it again,autoglym scratch remover gets rid of them lets face it the paint is that shite you going to be applying it anyway so whats a few more

Not had any chips

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have put spacers on a few months ago 15&20mm and definatley more scratches but car sits sooooo much better i would do it again,autoglym scratch remover gets rid of them lets face it the paint is that shite you going to be applying it anyway so whats a few more

Not had any chips
Yep i agree paint is crap!!!! but would like to see what the car sits like with spacers:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts