GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car is going in for it's optimisation on Saturday and while it's at Marshall I'm having a couple of minor modifications done. Nothing exciting, just a Y pipe and a Zele light kit.

My question is, has anyone had any experience of having these guys fit the 3rd party items? Anything else I should be considering? (not up for a remap just yet). The technician said the Y pipe isn't branded either, so I was wondering whether anyone could comment on the quality etc.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
its a GTC Y-pipe & GTC light kit, were sent out yesterday.

Your 35 will sound better and look better at night :)

remap recommended as afr adjust with cat removal

·
Registered
111 Posts
I saw Wayne (GTR Master Tech) at Marshalls on Saturday for my 6 months service and he always comes across as being very good and knowledgeable. He said that he has contacts with Ben Linney so I guess could get you a GTC Y pipe if you asked him.

He fitted my permanent Tom Tom power supply and my LED running lights previously and did a great job.

Hope this helps

EDIT... Ben beat me to it!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys. Looking forward to getting it done for sure.

How much were the running lights, and what do they look like?

I remember seeing threads on this before but the cost seemed a bit excessive at the time.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
y pipe/ LED light kit

if marshalls technician is fitting a y piece does that mean there would be no warranty issues or is he doing the fitting on the 'quiet' ???How much does it cost fitted???Also how much do the LED lamps cost that fit in the front bumper???These are the two items i would like fitted to enhance my car!!!!My car is coming up for optimisation,could he fit them then????

·
Registered
183 Posts
if marshalls technician is fitting a y piece does that mean there would be no warranty issues or is he doing the fitting on the 'quiet' ???How much does it cost fitted???Also how much do the LED lamps cost that fit in the front bumper???These are the two items i would like fitted to enhance my car!!!!My car is coming up for optimisation,could he fit them then????
Just PM'd you.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Good to see you found the thread after our look Dave :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Sorry to be thick, but can you explain what you mean? What do i lose by just having a Y pipe?
Your OEM y-pipe has two big cats so these are removed when you change y-pipes.

Once these are gone there could be more exhaust gas passing thru as the exhaust has less obstruction. This may mean your Air-to-Fuel-Ratio (AFR) may be a little lean (more air than should have) which is not great for the GTR's engine.

As Ben says, a remap using a Cobb Accessport is one way of ensuring a good safety margin.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Your OEM y-pipe has two big cats so these are removed when you change y-pipes.

Once these are gone there could be more exhaust gas passing thru as the exhaust has less obstruction. This may mean your Air-to-Fuel-Ratio (AFR) may be a little lean (more air than should have) which is not great for the GTR's engine.

As Ben says, a remap using a Cobb Accessport is one way of ensuring a good safety margin.
so in other words, you are dammed if you do, and dammed if you don't :D

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts