GTR Forum banner

361 - 380 of 404 Posts

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Finally drove this today (check the dates lol)

Cannot emphasis how much of a difference the steering wheel makes. The 'feel' is so much more modern and the extra diameter and grip make the car feel so much nicer.

Cannot recommend this Mod enough!!

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
So. Think I've driven the car twice since my last post.

Even so

Had new MeisterR Zeta CRD coilovers fitted, pick the car up Friday
Have got a late model bumper with vents ready to go on
Got some tein bonnet lifters to fit
Got an n1 bumper lip to fit
Got a blitz R-vit just because

None of the above will make me drive it more but I do love it as a project.

Will give my feedback on the suspension once I've got it home and post some pics of my new front end once I can be arsed to fit it. Lol

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,634 Posts
Mook,

I can sympathy's with you regarding lack of usage, but it only makes the car more special when you do get out.

I've only used mine 4 times this years, so to celebrate she's at Ron's for new Tubbies!! ;)

Keep on perfecting pal!! ;)

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 · (Edited)
Keep on perfecting pal!! ;)
This is it. It's not a garage queen exactly more like a modification project, like collecting lego's or baseball cards.

I know what bit's I want, so I sit, like a funnel web spider, waiting to pounce...

Mike

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
So how does the new suspension feel Mook, definite improvement over the teins?

cheers
Jon
difficult to say, its softer which was my goal and on intial "chucking around" it feels almost as confident. There is more tyre squeal on roundabouts and things so don't know if that means more or less grip lol.

Will be fiddling with the settings in the coming days.

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
Been a while since I updated this.
Not much doing on my car right now. Had plans to have a respray in the coming months but that's on the back burner right now. I'm going to start building up my spare subframe so I have that ready and then need to decide where priorities lie. Long term protection is key on these cars so need to focus there.
The love is well and truly gone right now.

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Would the love return with similar values to the R34 though? :nervous:
Having said that, I've not driven mine in 14 months now, different priorities in life.
I'd love the extension on my house it would pay for lol.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Why has the love gone? What do you feel you need to do to change that? This time last year you seemed to have so much love for the car, great plans and ideas, new bits coming... After I had my refurb done (had to do front then back due to money) the car was transformed, feels so new! I don't get get to drive mine lots either at the moment, it's a bit impractical having to swap cars over and swap back for work, etc.

The money put into the car though, I know I'll get that back (and more) if I ever sold up. Plus, I know it is sealed and protected underneath, ready for action on a nice day (well, it will be once she's back from the clutch and gearbox refurb :chuckle: ) The car still feels special, an event each time I start her up just to keep things moving if I don't get time for a drive, hell, I've walked into my dads car twice just staring at my GTR as I walk passed!

Did you get your brake lines fixed? Maybe a little road trip on some twisties will bring some love back? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Is yours garaged though?
No mate, not yet. :( Hence getting the underside sorted now as it is out in the elements! Got a cover off the club, but it made the paint feel rough and the discs rust badly. Better off without it! Hoping to have my garage in the next 6 months, waiting on our builder to start the extensions, the garage is the final bit due to accesss around the house.

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 ·
Maybe get a car cocoon like Samie has Mook? That will certainly protect it from the elements
It would be on my drive. A carcoon would look weird and be A PITA to get in and out?
Looking again at storage options. Folding garages and maybe renting a lock up. Got some issues to resolve first tho so until that is done all plans are on hold.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Have a chat with Samie, his set up looks ideal. Even my car is currently left outside but granted in the rear garden away from prying eyes

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I looked at carcoons too, bolt one end to the ground and you drive 'into' it, and then pull it over, almost like a pram hood that goes all the way over. As the car is at my parents place though, I didn't want to do that to my dads drive, and we don't currently have the space!

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #380 ·
That's a folding garage. That's probably my solution. That or torch the ****ing thing.

361 - 380 of 404 Posts