GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after blowing 2 water hoses behind the block (not sure which ones exactly) then 2 more, i was getting an idea maybe the hoses were on there way out..... until the 5 hose went pop yesterday. they've all been the water hoses running around the engine and becoming brittle. replacment ones are only cheap - £2 ish - but while im having all the hoses replaced, including turbo etc, it makes sence to get after market ones fitted. samco / forge etc. problem is, the coolant kits only come with the main 2 hoses, not the other 4 small ones which have blown.
Should i get bog standard replacements? if not, does anybody know anyone who do these hoses already? Forge are down the road from me so might ask if they want to design these smaller ones off my car. which then brings me to the question, would anybody else be interested in buying/ needing them.

heres a pic of the hose i mean. Sorry matt j for using your pic, i cant take any of mine as its in the workshop at the mo :)

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Hmmm.... if you're popping water hoses I'd be very, very suspicious of a cracked head.

Been there, experienced it. Cried over it.

Get a sniff test done on the radiator, check the oil cap for mayo and bleed the system to see if you've got any airlocks.

For what it's worth, most pipemakers like Forge or Samco will fabricate some pipes for you if you take your old ones in. Good luck though - the ones round the back are an absolute PIG to get off and then back on!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rear hoses have been replaced, that only took about 8 hours haha. the hoses which have got holes and the few that havent yet are all original and fairly brittle, on a 93' gtr i think they may of just been getting tired. i hope.

off to forge inmy lunch break it is then :) thankyou Jim

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I have the samco heater hose kit for my 32 - pretty sure it comes with all the small hoses. Haven't fitted it yet and running non water cooled single so not 100% sure. Samco do a heater kit as well as the coolant kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts