GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i use to have a remapped chip and bleed valve on my car, i've had a standard chip made up not the original but blown from the standard chip, when i put the ecu back on and removed the bleed valve (connecting the pressure hose back to the actuator minus bleed valve) and started the car it was very hard to start and tick over but soon sorted its self out, i then took the car for about a 2 mile drive and it won't rev past 3000rpm it just coughts and splutters and makes some horrible knocking noises.

also the warning light next to the doors are open light is flashing.

Anyone have any ideas whats wrong, should the ecu take this long to relearn...

any input will be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
the mode that the car goes into if it isn't happy and is in threat of damage is a limp home default setting. hence you not being able to rev above 3000.

I'd say put the old chip back in find out if the chip you had blown was from the same(exactly) car and then get your money back.

Why do you want to go back to a std ecu ?
if in doubt on these things take it to an expert. remapping the car cannot be done lightly and is not really a diy'ers job unless you know what you are talking about. and even then it is best done in the controlled environment that a rolling road provides.

If you ask me you were lucky to not kill it completely.

good luck
Steve

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going back to the standard chip because the 14psi chip appeared to be faulty, they could'nt put the original chip back in because the connectors on the chip had been damaged too much when it was removed so they blew an exact replacement and fitted it into the ecu for me.

i don't suppose you'd know why this would make it go into limp home mode.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've just had a brain storm......on my car the oxygen sensor in the exhaust right next to the turbo is dead mso if i reset my ecu would this mean that it wouldnt beable to relearn hence going into limp home mode?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Hmmm

Oxygen sensor readings are part of the adaption cycle (the trade name for learning :D ) and so I would imagine this is the problem. Long term fuel trimming is decided based on the Averaged oxygen sensor readings, so you've probably hit the nail on the head .. get a new sensor in it and see how it goes from there... You're definately in Limp-home mode though :(

If you need chips copied, send me a PM, I can do almost all :D I do it most of the day anyways! ;)

As for going into limp-home mode .. they probably got a checksum wrong :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again danoh...:D ..i'll probably take you up on the chip offer if it still plays up with the new O2 sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts