GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running my hcr 32 with a apexi induction kit, fmic, trust turbo elbow and downpipe and a rk tuning cat bypass and a 4 inch Titanium invo auto exhaust and a kakimoto stage1 ecu. when it was on the dyno the air fuel ratio was spot on and im gettin some nice big bangs and pops but not much flame! only a couple of times inside the can! . what futher mods shall i carry out next? bigger fuel pump and injectors? and a boost controller? just would love a little spit of flame out the back and some more power lol :smokin:

cheers guys.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
run your car really really rich?

well, if your tune is spot on, I wouldn't mess with it - I'd add a fuel injector and spark plug kit in the can, wire it up, and get flame on demand. Propane would give a more dramatic but less authentic looking backfire.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
lol im not adding a flamer kit haha. yeh i do feather it some times n get bit pops but need some 1 to follow me to see if it does lol. so what sort of power would i need to be running to get some decent flames out the back? my old japspeed exhasut i had let out massive bangs but i think thats just cuz it was 3 inch bore and my new one is quite a bit bigger and the titanium takes longer to get it hot enough so i guessin im gonna need a fair bit more oomph to get it goin lol

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Getting flames isn't about how much power you've got, its about how the cars mapped. My GTR's only running 380bhp but pops loads of flames due to the Blitz ecu running rich at higher boost. If the ecu is mapped well you won't get many flames.

Alex B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.