GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you JDM experts, poor little old me needs some of your advice again on my 08 R35.
Audio problems this time....

Basically, I have no idea what I am doing with the MFD (cuz its in japanese), but I have found how to tune the radio BUT it only picks up one or two radio stations and they are crap! I think its because the FM range (the numbers) on the JDM dont go to the same range as what most UK radio stations broadcast at! I dunno. Can anyone help with a way to receive all UK radio stations? Do I have to buy something??

As for the ipod thing. What do I need to obtain/buy to be able to play my music on from my iphone on the MFD. And is it simple enough to use without needing a degree in japanese? Ha!

One more question! Can I play music from my android phone via the AUX option? If so do I need a specific lead? And where the hell is the AUX port in my car!

Please help me with this guys. It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
As far as I'm aware you can only play iPhone/iPod connectivity is only available from MY10 onwards. I just use an apple cable or Bluetooth streaming

Lift up you centre console arm rest and you should find the USB plug

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hope you picked the car up cheaply......sounds like jdm cars are hard to live with in relation to the language issue....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant see a USB port?!?!
Under the arm rest, is just a power outlet and some strange looking connector (which I think is for a phone cradle)
Can anyone help out here???

Cheers

Lee

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I cant see a USB port?!?!
Under the arm rest, is just a power outlet and some strange looking connector (which I think is for a phone cradle)
Can anyone help out here???

Cheers

Lee
You won't have a USB port on yours, as stated they are only on the later models. Robbie J and enshui on here, both have JDM models and I think Steve has as well. Maybe drop either one of them a PM to pick their brains?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
You won't have a USB port on yours, as stated they are only on the later models. Robbie J and enshui on here, both have JDM models and I think Steve has as well. Maybe drop either one of them a PM to pick their brains?
Vernon jones has done loads of work on his Jdm car to see what can and can't be changed

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Have a look for one of my posts about enabling bluetooth audio streaming.

Radio wont work at all due to frequency difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts