GTR Forum banner

More newbie questions

739 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Durzel 
#1 ·
I'm another newbie saying hello for the first time :)

I've been lurking for a while but thought it was about time to register.

I own a Impreza turbo and, although I'm not exactly bored with it, I fancy a change. I wanted a Skyline when I bought the scooby three years ago but couldn't afford it at the time. I've now almost persuaded myself that I can do it so I'm on the look out for a R33 GT-R (joining the queue :D ).

Before I start looking properly I'm ticking off the usual things such as insurance, servicing etc.

Insurance seems ok (£601 for Impreza goes to £1030 for a R33 GT-R).

Servicing is a bit more difficult. I live in Northampton and can't find a garage I'd be happy using. I know of Option Motorsport in Silverstone but can anyone recommend anyone nearer ?

Lastly (for now - lol) - does the R33 have electric folding mirrors ? If not, the 1,780mm width is really going to be a tight fit through my garage doors :eek:

ta for any help....

See less See more
#2 ·
mids said:
I'm another newbie saying hello for the first time :)

I've been lurking for a while but thought it was about time to register.
Hi!

Servicing is a bit more difficult. I live in Northampton and can't find a garage I'd be happy using. I know of Option Motorsport in Silverstone but can anyone recommend anyone nearer ?
From a quick look, your best bet would be Tuning Japanese who are about 89 miles away from you. Abbey is a bit further at 103 miles. Both are estimates by Multimap. I guess you are looking for someone a bit closer than that however..

Lastly (for now - lol) - does the R33 have electric folding mirrors ? If not, the 1,780mm width is really going to be a tight fit through my garage doors :eek:
It has electric mirrors, but not the folding kind sadly. I wasn't even aware the Scooby had electric folding mirrors...

#6 ·
ooops - I didn't mean to infer that I wouldn't be happy using Option Motorsport.

It's just that I'm a lazy sod and would prefer a garage in Northampton rather than a 30 min drive + time off work.

Actually, in a Skyline it would probably only be a 20 min drive :)

p.s. thanks for the links Durzel

#8 ·
Durzel said:
Ok, sorry, looks like I'm wrong then! :( No need to take the piss.
Sorry Durzel, I wasn't taking the piss, I was genuinely confused. My previous Impreza Turbo didn't have electrically folding mirrors, but I know of others that did. I thought maybe they were a dealer fit option or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.