GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first attempt at light painting so go easy. :nervous: the tutorials make it look so easy

fingers crossed, I'll be able to make money with my camera when I leave the MOD in 5 years

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice job!
This def takes a bit of practice. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can try again.
How many exposures did you take to get this shot?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just one 30 sec exposure. Need to get some decent editing software that will allow me to layer up the exposures. It was really windy and cloudy last night which gave a really good sky effect.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's really impressive for a single exposure. Taking many shots and mixing them with photoshop is great fun. The amount of combinations you can make is incredible.

You can download a 30 day free trial of photos hop still but it's quite expensive to buy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I did have to lighten it a little bit... and adjust some of the colour settings to get the finished effect

think I might invest in a big light diffuser. I ended up using my big LED car inspection light.

·
Registered
356 Posts
nice shot buddy, the only crit i would have is that the sills/tyres and the tarmac blend into each other too much, what i normally do, either at the start or end of your exposure is fire off a flashgun below the car to separate it from the road, but apart from that great shot

·
Registered
356 Posts
i fire them remote i but depending on how long your exposure is and ambient light you can probably fire it manually and not have yourself exposed in the shot.
jessops used to do a nice pack of coloured gels to go on your flash, for sunset/sunrise i use orange/red or match the gel to your ambient colour temp if you dont just want white light below the car,
i also remote fire a flash in the interior as i find that gives a nice effect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts