GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :)
Iv a 4.5 09 plate gtr and keep thinking of the idea of uprating the gears/clutch pack and a drop in rod job for safety reasons and alittle more power ! Now my question is the car is making 743/626 on Litchfields dyno at 1.4 bar,with uprated intercooler,but is there more boost to come from these LM 700 turbos as I know torque is capped to a degree for safety issues ? I don't really want to spend another additional 7 - 8k on top for EFR turbos if these can produce alittle more power ! I know it wont get a significant increase,but if alittle more is possible with a sound mind its all fairly bomb proof is more comforting.

Thanks in advance (y)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Ask Ian to do you map 4 for 102 octane, then when you want to go play just put some octane boost in?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that could be an option mate ,but what I really want to know is are these turbos maxed out at 1.4 bar,or are they being held back because of oem rods and transmission ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are these IHI hybrids?
Think they max out around 1.5bar but there was a lad who was selling his GTR a few months back and with those turbos, LM Superstock and a rod upgrade; was running 800bhp (assume capped torque).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tbh im not sure,just seen them as LM 700 turbos. I didn't have them put on the car. I know its set at 1.4 bar,not sure what the standard turbos are maxed out at. With all internal upgrades id like to up the torque to 650 if possible. I really don't see the point in the efr turbos to a stage 5 with standard internals without being able to up the torque as I doubt id even notice any difference and then again the worry of a rod letting go

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yes that could be an option mate ,but what I really want to know is are these turbos maxed out at 1.4 bar,or are they being held back because of oem rods and transmission ?
You would need to ask Ian what boost they are efficient at but on 102 you could add timing, weve made similar power to yours on stock turbos with stronger actuators, car runs 5.3 100-200KMH and 10.3 1/4 miles at 138 on the street on street tyres.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would need to ask Ian what boost they are efficient at but on 102 you could add timing, weve made similar power to yours on stock turbos with stronger actuators, car runs 5.3 100-200KMH and 10.3 1/4 miles at 138 on the street on street tyres.
That's amazing I didn't think that was possible.
You map and build these engines ?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
That's amazing I didn't think that was possible.
You map and build these engines ?
I dont get involved in building the engines but Dimitri maps them yes, that one is all stock engine trans and clutch been done 18 months now.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm running those turbos and have 796bhp on Lithcfield dyno.

102mm exhaust, forge intercooler, throttle bodies, enlarged inlet manifold. Not sure what the throttle bodies or inlet manifold bring to the table but more than happy with the result given the relatively modest outlay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm running those turbos and have 796bhp on Lithcfield dyno.

102mm exhaust, forge intercooler, throttle bodies, enlarged inlet manifold. Not sure what the throttle bodies or inlet manifold bring to the table but more than happy with the result given the relatively modest outlay.
Over 50hp more than mine on the same rollers,just goes to show with the right mods
What boost is that at mate ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts