GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had the bonnet and front re-sprayed as I had one or two stone chips which annoy me as I like my cars to be perfect.
Just been to see the car at the bodyshop and its immaculate, however I have not yet had the bill. The paint shop said that the original (dupont I believe) ultimate silver is £1400 a bloody litre! Luckiiy they have sourced it elsewhere and should be a lot cheaper. I nearly fell over backwards. No cost option on the first 500 is not quite what it seems I think. I am losing the will to live with this car!
We should all be given a £5000 voucher from Nissan to ease the pain!
Now I definately need the paintshield

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have just had the bonnet and front re-sprayed as I had one or two stone chips which annoy me as I like my cars to be perfect.
Just been to see the car at the bodyshop and its immaculate, however I have not yet had the bill. The paint shop said that the original (dupont I believe) ultimate silver is £1400 a bloody litre! Luckiiy they have sourced it elsewhere and should be a lot cheaper. I nearly fell over backwards. No cost option on the first 500 is not quite what it seems I think. I am losing the will to live with this car!
Did you not ask for the price of the repair before you gave them the work?! All body repairs should be negotiated and then negotiated again!

·
Registered
290 Posts

They are ripping you off, its £500 plus vat per litre, if you need an invoice PM me!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are ripping you off, its £500 plus vat per litre, if you need an invoice PM me!
Cheers buddy. I am only going off what they said the initial price was from du pont. Once I have the bill I will indeed pm you if its more expensive than £500 and likewise if its cheaper than that.
cheers
Bob

·
Registered
76 Posts
I seen ultimate silvers with chips and they look impossible to touch up so the only way with them must be a clear wrap as soon as you get it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news, front end done, bonnet done, one mirror done, A pillar done and small chip on rear quarter done £900.00 all in , paint was allegedly £197.00 litre and a top job. It now stays put until the ventureshield is fitted, but looks better than when I took delivery from the dealer. Also having it fully detailed and sealed.
Will post pictures once collected.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts