1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
yep linky no worky

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Impressive drift angle by the other GT-R at the end!

Did you import the Dunlop All-Seasons from the US? How do they compare to the Blizzaks and Dunlop Summer tyres?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David, yes I took them from US. They are great for daily driving, very good in wet, worse than summer Dunlops and Potenzas in dry as You can expect, but for public road more than enough. And the last super long and they are great in rain. So I decided to use them as "normal" whole year tires and have dedicated set of wheels with Toyos or Potenzas for track days, drag days etc...

btw comparing to Blizzaks they sux in snow, for sure they are not snow tires

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
all season tyres are nothing like studless tyres. blizzaks and iceguards etc "come alive" in snow and ice.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
all season tyres are nothing like studless tyres. blizzaks and iceguards etc "come alive" in snow and ice.
And to put things in perspective, the blizzaks and those tyres are no good compared to "real" snow tires such as Nokian Hakkapelitta or Gislaved Nordfrost. ;) The best would be to have studded tires, but it´s impossible to find in 20". You have to use 19" and even then it´s not easy to find.

/P

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
NICE... studded tyres are banned for highway use here though... :(

And to put things in perspective, the blizzaks and those tyres are no good compared to "real" snow tires such as Nokian Hakkapelitta or Gislaved Nordfrost. ;) The best would be to have studded tires, but it´s impossible to find in 20". You have to use 19" and even then it´s not easy to find.

/P

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Real fun in the snow starts here:

14 miles to work 7 of which were sideways. :chuckle:

Robbie

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Thats suicide LOL

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
All of which were freezing LOL. but bloody good fun I bet .:thumbsup:
Believe me when I say I wrap up warm :chuckle:

Robbie

Steve if you fancy a go let me know :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts

Did you go for smaller width as well? My impression was that the problem with Blizzaks was not the tyre thread or compound but size (LM-25's in smaller sizes are really good winter tyres for snowy conditions, even when compared to newer Nokian studless models).

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
My much tamer and slower snow vid here:

As explained in the vid, my engine isn't knocking, that was a diesel lorry looking on unapprovingly that pulled in right next to my cameraman.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Did you go for smaller width as well? My impression was that the problem with Blizzaks was not the tyre thread or compound but size (LM-25's in smaller sizes are really good winter tyres for snowy conditions, even when compared to newer Nokian studless models).
245/45-19 all four of them. No studs in them unfortunately. Maybe next year.

/P

1 - 20 of 20 Posts