GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Big consideration is how much work the engine has done Pre tuning. If your using a tired old engine then tuning to 500PS you cant expect it to last long, where as if its a good engine then the figures of 550PS+ are realisitc if the cars well setup and offcourse maintained well.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Very interesting thread going on here.
I am going to just over 500BHP at the fly on my 30k miles GTR which is used for road and the odd trackday, i beleive this to be reliable for stock internals.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Its possible to get real good results from a stock motor, with a totally stock bottom end, stock head, stock cams etc I've run a 10.2 @ 134mph, the engine has done over 40k miles untouched since the 'power up' and was used for street, strip and track work, its all in the tune and very basic maintainence.....Rob

·
Registered
430 Posts
Im surprised to see that much whp on stock cams, i was always lead to believe they start to really hold the engine back at about 400whp.

I tried to look up the spec of your car but i couldnt find it on your website ;)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
can i ask which ecu you are using?

i understand this holds the key to reliable power gains on stock (or any) internals

·
Registered
430 Posts
can i ask which ecu you are using?

i understand this holds the key to reliable power gains on stock (or any) internals
Sorry to jump in, but i just wanted to add AFAIK it doesnt really matter as long as its mapped well (and of course safely for whatever use you intend). Fair enough if the ECU you end up choosing has some knock control etc. you stand more of a chance if something does go wrong.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I keep the rpm down a bit, add more boost and a little NOS to soften things up a bit. 646whp (4wd) is the highesty reading I've been able to get on a stock head and cams but that was on a 4wd roller dyno and with bad traction, based on the times its done on the 1/4 it was well in excess of 700whp.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
still curious as to the brand of ecu you're running, rips

and tubbies, for that matter!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
still curious as to the brand of ecu you're running, rips

and tubbies, for that matter!
Link G2 and GT42 on the motor we're talking about here.

Every single 10 second car we have ever built has had a totally stock head.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Not sure what you want me to tell you.

One of the other R32's has done 10.2 @ 134mph, 600+whp stock internal bottom end, stock head, stock cams, no porting, stock cast RB20det exhaust manifold, T4 hybrid turbo, stock RB26 plenim with a VH45 throttle body, 100hp NOS, stock gearbox, stock old suspension, stock axles/diffs etc. A very basic reliable setup.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
This one has also run in the 10's, complete road car, totally stock internals and head, T67 98 pump gas.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
So thick steel HG to lower compression and loads of boost i take it ? :)
No, stock replacement type, stock thickness, no metal head gaskets on these 2 and around 1.3 to 1.5 bar.

Rob

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well thanks for all your replies to my questions, you have given me more confidence in what my RB can handle!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
No problem, spend your money on a good ecu and plenty of dyno time with a good mapper. best of luck to ya........Rob

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
question for R.I.P.S NZ
here is my list of parts.
hks air filters, full nismo exhaust, arc intercooler, tomei cams and pullies 9.15 260, apexi pfc, hks fuel pump 280lph, tomei fuel reg, rc injectors 7500cc, hks 2530's. hks steel metal gasket
do you think 600bhp is safe?
if not whats your advice. thanks

21 - 40 of 49 Posts