GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will be painful for some and I apologise but for me one of the most memorable 'events' of 2009 actually brought me to the point in my mind where I fell for the GT-R.

We were sitting in our camp in downtown Maison Blanche at Le Mans on a relatively calm day, I think it was a couple of days before the race started and we noticed a gazebo take off around 100 metres from us.

This was the famous flying gazebo incident where a dust devil lifted up a couple of loosely secured tents and they flew around for a while landing on some poor guys GT-R - looking at the video below i've only now realised that it was a GTROC owner.

If that gentleman reads this i'd like you to know that your beautiful car pretty much started the thought process in my mind that i'd like to own one. I sincerely hope that everything was sorted out in the end by the insurer - there were a whole bunch of us around the car afterwards there was quite a debate whether we should have moved the gazebo or not but the consensus was that as it was an insurance job it would be best to leave it in situ so you could take images etc.

Anyway here's a video i've found which kind of explains it better than i can.

YouTube - GTR hit

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice to meet you sir - there will be at least 2 of us at MB next year with GT-Rs if you are going .... probably best to install the anti-gazebo optional extra :p

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
that would p*ss me off !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts