GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Apexi on mine and is very loud ,nice tone to it .Nobby666 on here has a Blitz which is also loud when on boost but a bit quieter then the Apexi maybe on tickover but not much in it I would say .Both cars are decated but mine has the after market downpipe as well .

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'm a big fan of my Apexi N1 4" exhaust. Quiet at idle, screams like a banshee at WOT.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Silent Hi Power, quite civilised on ticker and on cruising but sounds like Tie Fighter dog fighting with an X-Wing on full chat :D

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Yeah HKS Hi Power, sounds EVIL on Turboslippers R34GTR....defo got a jet plane quality to it over 4K RPM :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am looking for a exhaust system for my gtr r33, anyone of you who have some advices? APEXi N1 Exhaust or APEXi GT Spec? or should I go with Hks?

sorry my bad english.
from
Norway

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
I am looking for a exhaust system for my gtr r33, anyone of you who have some advices? APEXi N1 Exhaust or APEXi GT Spec? or should I go with Hks?

sorry my bad english.
from
Norway
Not sure which HKS it was but my mates old gtr 33 had one on and it was not that loud ,Apexi N1 is very damn loud :)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
+1 on my N1 being loud as ****. But it's only when I really get on the throttle. Puttering around town is fairly civil. I do set off car alarms though and it does make 2.6 liters rumble like a big block V8. But what else can you expect from a four inch exhuast? :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
I got a Trust Power Extreme 2 on my 33GTR its either 4" or 5" tail pipe, no cat and HKS downpipes and its pretty civilised with the exhaust bung in the end but extremely loud (enough to make a policeman rollicking a chav on the street turn round and shout/point at me and put his hands to his ears!- luckily i legged it!). Rod Bell did a 'customisiation' of the bung and its more or less a happy medium now between the two extremes.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wich exhaust makes sharp shooting sounds on the gtr

:squintdan :squintdan you know not bass sound but sharp shooting sounds what exhaust system is do that ??

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Mine's a Kakimoto Racing Premium full mega N1+ Dual stainless steel one and sounds great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im using the HKS Silent High Power stainless steel catback and highly recomend it, it sounds perfect outside the car (not too loud, not too quiet) and has a very nice note to it, it can be a little loud/drony inside the car sometimes but at 100kph it is very quiet and is almost as quiet as the standard exhaust, so i highly recomend it.

It looks great to

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have an Apexi GT spec downpipes to a de-cat to the Apexi N1 exhaust on my R34GTR.
only slightly louder and deeper on tickover but sssooooo sweet on open throttle. keeps the neighbours and coppers happy. cant go wrong with that stealth, if that is what your after.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts