GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All

Just having a chat in the office, started really around how the budget will catagories 4x4 vehicles. I'm running my GTR like most people without the CAT. Mot isn't till July.

When I first go my car I had the CAT removed and a new system fitted. This may have been the cause of having to fit a new pair of GTSS's as the back pressure altered on the turbines and the oil seal leaked.
By refitting the CAT just for the mot and then removing it after could this temporary change in back pressure enough to cause the same problem as before.
Secondly just wondered if anyone has had problems getting thru on emissions even after refitting the CAT with a stage 1 430hp tune.
Thanks for any opinions....

·
Registered
345 Posts
In my experience you will definately need a cat fitted to get through the emisions test.
My R32 runs 550 hp + and it took me seven attempts to get it through.
If you are worried about the tubby oil seals, don't, just don't rag it too much with the cat fitted.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gents,
I've got a CAT and access to ramps so when the time comes I'll fit it for the day and take it easy there and back. The turbos are brand new so was just a little concerned following what may have happened before.
Cheers

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'll be taking my R32 for an MOT next week, I don't have the CAT to put back on, so I've got my fingers crossed everything will be ok.
The R32 has been in the garage over the winter, it still has .25 of a tank of optimax in it.
If I add some octane booster to it, would this be detrimental to the emissions?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Mentioning no names, my friendly MOT tester stuffed the emissions probe up the exhaust of a Mini Metro parked next to my car, saves all the hassle of bolting decat centre on and off, bargain for a tenner :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts