GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a car in December and havent really had much time to drive it, test drove it before i bought it etc, usual check up, made sure it had 12 months mot etc.
However, yesterday i was driving around yesterday and was amazed (biggest grin ever while driving!) by how loud the car is, im not exactly new to the performance scene either, but this really is another thing, one old man turned round and hearled abuse at me while clutching his chest!! (was doin bout 30 in first, immature i know .... but first time ive had time to go in her really and i couldnt resist!!) thought he was goin to have a heart attack!

After rambling on anyways....
If your car is above legal noise regulation would it fail MOT?
thanks for your time
Blue32

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
ive never heard of a car failing on noise regs, and my brothers had some VERY noisy cars....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
mot place wont have equipment to measure noise level just like they cant fail you for having windows tinted too dark as they dont have the correct stuff, has to be vosa or police that revoke an mot for things like that.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
there is a limit for noise on road cars but not that the mot place can test for, vosa and police can revoke your mot for having too noisey car. not sure what the limit is though but youd be supprised. my r33 n/a was over the noise limit when stopped so stuck old exhuast back on had retested then swapped again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Correct, emissions and not db levels.
I dont want to ambush this thread or anything but whilst on the subject of exhausts where can I get an exhaust baffle from??
My kakimoto is kicking out around 110db and the neighbors are getting a little cheesed off with it.:nervous:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Correct, emissions and not db levels.
I dont want to ambush this thread or anything but whilst on the subject of exhausts where can I get an exhaust baffle from??
My kakimoto is kicking out around 110db and the neighbors are getting a little cheesed off with it.:nervous:
ring up several double glazing firms and give their address for estimates :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
just to add, if the police or vosa did stop you and revoke the mot it would have to be retested at a vosa testing station or taken to police station to show them the changes(last option may now not be possible due to changes not sure when they come/came into force)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
My 34 is so so loud, I actually thought the exhaust was blown!

Where can I get a silencer for a blitz nur spec exhaust?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts