GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is due its first mot next month do i wait for a letter to pop in through the post or do i have to act myself as its the first time i've had a car that was under 3 years old.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the original invoice so i have the date it was purchased so i will just go by that.

·
R35 Section manager
11,055 Posts
I would take it in 2 weeks before its due just in case it needs something done. Should be fine though

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have the original invoice so i have the date it was purchased so i will just go by that.
I think it's 3 years from the day it was first registered rather than purchased (if they differ ...) so check your V5 form

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I think it's 3 years from the day it was first registered rather than purchased (if they differ ...) so check your V5 form
This.
You don't get reminders for mot unless you pay (there's a number on the mot cert - not much use for the first one!)

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Definitely best to get it early than let it slip, my wife got an instant £100 fine for this oversight
Yes, anytime within 30 days prior to due date and you get 12 months from the due date - no excuse really.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts