GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Following EJH#25
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've been playing with recently, self taught so it's still work in progress.

Starting from scratch with the SDL3 config in Dash Manager and creating a custom DBC file to use in Dash Creator, the screen-shots show custom created dash icons for the off and on indication conditions. All alarm parameters configured for high/low alarm levels and conditional formatting.

I've also created several screens for ROAD, RACE and PRACTICE modes including nitrous control and launch control.
Happy to help anyone else with config if they have the same dash series and want something different from the standard package...

Attachments

·
Following EJH#25
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First installation in the car and test run.

Couple of small observations:
The default refresh rate is 20Hz hence the numbers flickering in this video, now changed to 1Hz
The M800 onboard ECU temp sensor appears to be shot, jumping from -2000 to +2000 DegC hence the alarm

Apart from that, almost all the other I/O is working; I need to correct the nitrous pressure calibration and nitrous stage input but ran out of time before returning back to Iraq.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Looks fantastic Matt. Love it when stuff is that nice to look at and use but also highly functional. I drove a friends R35 at outrageous speeds on a runway and noticed halfway down the runway the speedo wasn't on....! 222mph in the standing mile turned out to be the answer.

You'll have fun with that - be nice to see your car out again in 2020.

·
Following EJH#25
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks fantastic Matt. Love it when stuff is that nice to look at and use but also highly functional. I drove a friends R35 at outrageous speeds on a runway and noticed halfway down the runway the speedo wasn't on....! 222mph in the standing mile turned out to be the answer.
Thanks Mart - 222mph is epic, I think my theoretic top speed with the final drive I have is around 230 but I'm not sure I'd have the minerals to take it there!

You'll have fun with that - be nice to see your car out again in 2020.
It needs another session on the dyno with the new turbo and nitrous installation but I'm hoping that it'll be out when the weather improves.
First job will be bedding the brakes in though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts