GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just new on the board and I would like to ask some questions to the gurus. Does anyone here know any garages that install Motecs on R34s? I would like to know if an M800 is installed on the R34, will the MFD still work?

Many thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Hi ManilaEvo;)

MoTecs are very popular in Australia, so for info there is no one better than to contact tuning garages there. The actual MFD works by using sensors completely independent of the ECU so you shouldn't have a problem.

So did you get your GTR yet?

See ya

(okitenik):smokin:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Not 100% sure but I thought the M800 was a complete replacement for the factory ECU. Consequently you would physically drop the factory ECU from the equation when going to MOTEC. Since the MFD is linked to coding in the factory ECU you would lose that functionality. Having said that, you could reinstate the signal through the auxiliary I/O available on the M800. I'm open for corrections.

Cya O!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Motec do conversions (drop-in replacements that is) for e.g. Mitsubishi based on M48 I believe. As far as I know they don't have a drop-in conversion based on the M800. However, the M800 can run with the standard RB26DETT sensors.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Motec!

I will second what Andre has said! The fastest Australian GTR at the moment which is a white R32 is using an Motec M800 management unit, as i have had the magazine flown over for a look!!;)
The spec of the car is something special with it being able to run 9.42 for the quearter!:eek: :eek:

Cheers

Stu

3,665 Posts
Fastest R32

Big Sly,

are you sure it comes from Austrailia, The R32 that did
that time actually comes from New Zealand , the chap that
drives it name is Reece Mcgregor I think he is a friend
Brenhan on this web -site . He owns a business that do
metal treatment i.e re hardening cylinder heads etc.
Top bloke ,Top car it is called GODZILLA in the drag
in NZ

Mark

·
Registered
312 Posts
Near enough!

The record breaking car was done in Australasia which covers both continents Mark that is why i was getting confused mate!
I have the magazine at home with the full feature in it, and makes good bed-time reading!!;)
Although it does state 881 bhp from a T88 which sounds a lot??

I understand that the record is down to just over 9.4 seconds now for the quarter, just wonder when it will hit the 8's??

Anyway hope you and Tony are keeping well...

Take It Easy

Stu

·
Registered
312 Posts
Turbo!

Guy,

Even the T88H which is the new turbo from Greddy is only rated at 800 ps, which is not far away from 800 bhp..
I know this for sure as i have discussed this issue in length with Tim @ SVS a few weeks ago!!
I would comment though that there is various exh housings available fot the T78 a 24cm item and for the T88H a 22 cm item, which would obviously increase flow and higher bhp output!

I suppose the only way to be sure is to have the turbo flow tested on a GARRET flow bench, which i have done with mine when it was off the car a while ago, will dig out results!

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Based on testing done by Trust in Japan, the T88H has got them to 923ps at 2.0 bar boost. This number comes from Trust in Japan. Garage Reckless managed to get 960ps using the T88H at just over 2.0 bar. This information comes from a series of articles in Club Skyline magazine that documents Trust's project of building a 1000ps at the crank RB26 using the T88H turbo. Trust suggest that 2.3 bar and 9000rpm will get them to their goal. However, as at issue Number 10 of Club Skyline magazine they have only got to 923ps at the crank.

Cya O!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Interesting!

Now that is interesting news!

Apart from Reece i have little knowledge of anyone using the T88H to obtain such power figures..

Thanks for the information and i now may look at this isue in more detail!!

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Just in case: the MoTeC system (M880 + ADL) in my car is running fine; company who fitted it is www.acq.nl :D In case someone wants to go that route, I can highly recommend that company...:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts