i know its too expensive
soo i want to sell the motec
and buy a power fc and with the extra money
tuning the skyline
what u thing it is smart move or i must keep the motec

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
+ you will not get much money for it,as it is used,not new,so there is no reason to sell it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i would not sell the motec for a power fc as the two computers are chalk and cheese. as evo said you will not get much for it and you will have to re wire the harness to the power fc as the motec dose not plug in to the stand loom. This is not a cheap job.

·
Registered
42 Posts
+ you will not get much money for it,as it is used,not new,so there is no reason to sell it.
Lol who are you kidding?

You should be able to score near original price so long as the unit isnt damaged. (i.e. internally).

However i am in agreement with the comment that the motec ecu is in a totally different league as to power FC's.

However i would upgrade to the hundred series if you want any of the good functions, some of which come standard. But alas it does become pricey.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I was about to say....every 2nd hand i have seen is nearly the same price as new items which is partly the reason why i am put off but now that i am running over 600bhp i am seriously looking into it to get a fine tuned map

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I would think the only advantage is in releasing funds for other tuning.

I say keep the motec - you will regret losing it in the long run.

Simon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOOOL
HERE IN DUBAI THE MOTEC
ITS LIKE GOLD AND VERY RARE
U KNOW IF I SELL THE MOTEC HERE I CAN BUY R32 WITH A MODDS
VERY VERY expensive
ANYWHAY I WILL NOT SELL THE MOTEC
BECOUSE 50 PEPOLE CALL MY AND I THINK I HAVE A RARE ITEM
SO RIGHT NOW IM REMAPPING FOR THE TO4R GARRETT
THANKS GAUYS LOT OF HELP HERE
REGARDS

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Anybody know if the M48's wasted spark operation will shorten the lives of the already short lived nissan coils?

·
Registered
105 Posts
game over,

What do you feel is the advantage of the Power FC over the Motec?
The sheer volume of people that use the ECU. Help is readily available by the general public on PFC questions.

I believe Motec and Autronic to be a class ahead of PFC (in my opinion) but the PFC has its place too!

Having said that, I would keep the motec if you have good motec tuner(s) local to you. At the end of the day your car is as good as the tuner.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hijacking the thread.
'So u guys are saying that the motec is tons better than the Power FC. It almost makes the FC sound bad. Is it ? Can you have a good map with it around 550hp ?

Thanx mates.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hijacking the thread.
'So u guys are saying that the motec is tons better than the Power FC. It almost makes the FC sound bad. Is it ? Can you have a good map with it around 550hp ?

Thanx mates.

As manag13 said, the PFC has it's place.

Andy forrester in the UK runs a power FC and can get his scooby to do 9.x sec 1/4 mile @ 15xmph.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts