GTR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah yes I remember listening to that podcast, was quite interesting!
They could have moved more cars if Hiro wasn’t blowing money on them bars as well as just partying 24/7.
Wonder where Hiro is now, wasn’t he arrested or something? I can’t even remember.

The Blackbird is quite a cool R34 GTR. Even though the 2Fast livery is iconic, i feel like black looks just as good
As far as I’m aware, Hiro got arrested and deported back to Japan. Contrary to popular belief, there were NO yakuza ties to MotoRex. But I wouldn’t deny there are a bunch of people who want him dead, (or to beat him up) because he took ALOT of peoples money and never provided cars. Read an account (not sure if it was credible or not) but allegedly a guy put down a $90,000 deposit on an R34 from MotoRex & never got the car. Or money back:

he’s probably still out there somewhere, just with a different name/identity. I don’t think we’ll ever hear any updates on him. His life probably depends
On secrecy now. Thing is, I bet he knows the exact number of motorex cars. Or at the very least; the R34 GTRs that went in thru the program.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ah right I see. I also remember seeing these pics with the Nür. But IIRC the Nür didn’t get a bond release right? I do not know what happened after that. View attachment 270544
View attachment 270543
I have been trying to find more information on a USA V-Spec II that I saw back in June of 2009. It looks like it might be one of the two shown in your pictures. Photos are from 6/10/2009 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. These were taken on an iPhone 3g, so excuse the poor quality. Things of note: poor fitment at front of hood, many flaws in the paint on the front bumper, stock looking interior, lack of rear window wiper (covered by a cap with an indistinguishable logo), aftermarket wing, exhaust tip shape, remnants of the same Osaka bumper sticker as on the Nür but it's only badged as a regular V-Spec II.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle Car Window Hood Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
As far as I’m aware, Hiro got arrested and deported back to Japan. Contrary to popular belief, there were NO yakuza ties to MotoRex. But I wouldn’t deny there are a bunch of people who want him dead, (or to beat him up) because he took ALOT of peoples money and never provided cars. Read an account (not sure if it was credible or not) but allegedly a guy put down a $90,000 deposit on an R34 from MotoRex & never got the car. Or money back:

he’s probably still out there somewhere, just with a different name/identity. I don’t think we’ll ever hear any updates on him. His life probably depends
On secrecy now. Thing is, I bet he knows the exact number of motorex cars. Or at the very least; the R34 GTRs that went in thru the program.
I also think he’s still out there just in hiding from people so he doesn’t get into shit haha.
He’ll stay anonymous for the rest of his life id assume unless he comes out and does interviews which i doubt!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have been trying to find more information on a USA V-Spec II that I saw back in June of 2009. It looks like it might be one of the two shown in your pictures. Photos are from 6/10/2009 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. These were taken on an iPhone 3g, so excuse the poor quality. Things of note: poor fitment at front of hood, many flaws in the paint on the front bumper, stock looking interior, lack of rear window wiper (covered by a cap with an indistinguishable logo), aftermarket wing, exhaust tip shape, remnants of the same Osaka bumper sticker as on the Nür but it's only badged as a regular V-Spec II.
View attachment 271296 View attachment 271297 View attachment 271298
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

It could be one of these. One was a Nür one was a base V-Spec II. But I believe the guy who bought the Normal V-Spec II wanted to buy the Nür instead when it had been released and I think he sold the V-Spec II to Paul Walker and kept the Nür for himself. So it might’ve been this!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oooh that car? Yeah it still has Louisiana plates to this day. Very VERY unlikely that it’s a motorex car. I think the current owner is building it to 1000HP, real VspecII though. Judging by the silver VIN plate in the engine bay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oooh that car? Yeah it still has Louisiana plates to this day. Very VERY unlikely that it’s a motorex car. I think the current owner is building it to 1000HP, real VspecII though. Judging by the silver VIN plate in the engine bay.
Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Photos are decent quality for the time period.

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 271301
It could be one of these. One was a Nür one was a base V-Spec II. But I believe the guy who bought the Normal V-Spec II wanted to buy the Nür instead when it had been released and I think he sold the V-Spec II to Paul Walker and kept the Nür for himself. So it might’ve been this!
Nah, Paul’s base VspecII is still with his company in LA, & the Nür is in Florida. I can’t actually figure who brought in this Louisiana car. It’s been in the country forever though.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts