GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to move my battery to the trunk, and ideally, have two batteries back there (as I'm installing a pretty power-intensive stereo system). Has anyone done this before and is it a PITA or is it easy and straightforward?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Battery now in the boot of mine mate
Easy job !!!
Bought heavy duty jump leads (cheapest way to get 10+feet good wire)
There is a grommet just behind back seat to bring the cable up through
ran it along the holders where all the rear wheel steer gubbins were and brought up to BMW remote terminal in the engine bay:squintdan
Half days work at the most:)
Good luck matey
Jay

·
Registered
646 Posts
Jay, what does the BMW Remote Terminal look like mate? Where did you get one from? Got a pic please mate?
-
Never thought of using jump leads to do this? good idea mate.Was going to use thick off the shelf cable.

I'm thinking of fitting a concealed cut off remote isolation switch on the + Cable as a security thing, will probably fit the battery on rear seat bench as have roll cage and no rear interior.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so your leads run underneath the car? I haven't yet pulled the rest of my HICAS lines but that's where I thought they were (underneath).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.