GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
Now I know this is the GTR forum but I`m looking for some honest opinions, I have a tidy 320ish BHP R34 GTT, which has been a great car for the last 6 years. Im hoping to get 8-10 for it. Now I could get a Evo x for 30k and spend another 3 or so and be around the 360-400HP mark (400 is what I want my next car to have if its that kind of size), the Evo is a nice car but something is missing...its almost too nice to drive. I`ve also thought about an Exige 240 but its kinda too small to get anything in if I hit B&Q or whatever, then theres the R35 GTR...I could probarbly just about get the money but really its just out of my financial league and Ive watched a guy I work with`s one be towed out of the car park twice and told by a well respected guy who would know that its much like the Evo as in, very fast but uninvolving. His suggestion after talking to me was to get a fresh R34 GTR but thats going to be 25K with the current exchange rate then its back to the expensive modding game on a car thats 10 years old....Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
What do you want from the car?

will it be a second car or main?

will it be for weekend fun or do you want a reliable car you can use anytime. 400 is easy to get from a gtr, once you get it you will want more trust me!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
I think that the UK cars are the best value at the moment but why not speak to the importers on this site. They all seem to be able to source some very special cars. I'd looking around £28k (if your budget is £30k) and leaving £1-2k for UK bits like remap, tyres, radio (band expanders are pointless) and alarm.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sell yours for £8-10k then buy at £30k, that is a very expensive 80bhp you're thinking of buying!!
You could get a 500bhp R33 for half of what you are considering spending.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts