GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to last nights MPH, and have to say a little disappointed by the lack of GT-R presence. There was a Nissan Stand outside but other than one very anonymous Black R35 in the Supercar hall, there were no other GT-Rs. Given that there were a million Lambos most of which in lurid Max Power form I expected to see at least a few GT-Rs stock or otherwise. Wheres Ben Linney when you need him :clap:

The actual live event was pretty poor as well, Heavily rehersed and Clarkson seemed on a mission to offend anyone and everyone (even more so than usual) and still referred to the GT-R as a Datsun. The Stunts were good but once youve seen one indoor figure of 8 with a drift you've seen the entire show.

On a positive note, there were some sumptuous cars such as the Citroen GT (the Gran Turismo car) and the Pagani and a DBR-9 in 2008 Gulf livery.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The actual live event was pretty poor as well, Heavily rehersed and Clarkson seemed on a mission to offend anyone and everyone (even more so than usual) and still referred to the GT-R as a Datsun.
What was he saying about the GT-R this time? Has he changed his opinion again? He loves it, he loves it not, he loves it....?

·
Registered
67 Posts
He still referring to the mighty GTR as a little Datsun.:blahblah: The best part of the show is when they bring out a parade of the most exotic cars available today. Veyron, F40, Aston Martin, Lambo and the GTR along with a few others. Nice to see them putting the GTR into such an exclusive club. :clap: Not bad for a Datsun hey.
Although there was only one Black GTR on display in the main hall, it was definitely getting a lot of attention.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Need to find a Datsun sticky badge for the rear screen......LOL.

Must have a look on ebay right now.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have been for the last three or four years but I was not impressed with last years show so I thougt I would give this years a miss and go next year.

Sounds like I made the right choice.

Kp

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I went the first year they did it, without the Top Gear Live branding. I can't understand ever going more than once...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I went the first year they did it, without the Top Gear Live branding. I can't understand ever going more than once...
Exactly what I thought after today. At least there weren't any dancers in daft Citroen robot-car outfits this year (the fire-breathing lady was very fit....), and I did get to sit in that GTR parked outside :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
thought it was your car David at the NEC with a new body wrap? if not hope you gave them permission to use your number plate!

·
Registered
30 Posts
(the fire-breathing lady was very fit....), and I did get to sit in that GTR parked outside :thumbsup:
would agree with that statement!:clap: also sat in the GTR outside hence me now posting on this forum and booking a test drive in tonbridge on thursday:flame:

only thing about the Top Gear live bit was the noise, too loud, and could not hear the cars. wont be going again.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
He still referring to the mighty GTR as a little Datsun.:blahblah:
Its the same as 911's being refered to as Beetles, who cares! I refer to mine as an old datsun, but that makes it all the more better when it kicks their cars arse :chairshot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts