GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to swap out my speedo gear, where can I order one from? Thanks for any help.

Tony

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Tony,

When I got my 33, I had a speedo chip convertor fitted which interfered with the Hicas although lots do not. I got a complete mph/kph speedo head from Hiteq, genuine Nissan part which looks the part too. Best solution in my book and only slightly more.

Peter.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Converter

I can sell you what you need its for an R32 isnt it - if so you need the gear converter which is £80+vat and you get the sticker to go over the kph one:)

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Dirk,
Did you ever get them proper fan-dangled electronic ones for the R33 that don't **** the HICAS ?

How much mate ?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Jas

The ones we use I have never had grief with anything Hicas included and use this in own cars for R33 £60+vat as electronic and you get fll instructions and little sticker:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
where u say it interfered with HICAS...in what way?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
you need to tee into the hicass wire to pick up the speed signal.

I believe Hicass only works over 30mph.

Anyways some of the ecu signal convertors mess the signal up and cause Hicass to play up.

/Steve

·
Registered
241 Posts
yeah, but what do you mean by 'Play Up'?

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
All that happened with mine was the HICAS light kept coming on after 10 - 15 minutes. When I put the HICAS into diagnostic mode, it reported that it wasn't getting (I think) a feed from the speedo, but I may worng on that last point, so long ago now. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
not likly to try and turn the back wheels at about 80mph toho is it?

I ask cos the skyline that i'm gonna buy is getting a conversion on the Speedo to MPH.

This is an HNR32. Just dont wanna have the car swap ends on a motorway!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think the rear wheels only move 1 degree each way. I must admit it looks more when you have it on a consono diagnostic thingy but rest assured you won't get the back end overtaking you !!

The worst I have ever had was a rear track rod arm that was slightly damaged. This caused a really violent shimmy in the rear end at exactly 120mph on the speedo.

Similar fault experience to having the bass turned up too much (covered in another thread). but this one was a real fault.

don't worry it is an easy job to do.

if you go to the Apexi website you can get a pinout of the ECU and look for the colour cables on the ecu then find that cable on the back of the speedo plug if you are not sure.

/Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts