GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the 305/275 set up fitted at the weekend. My car is a MY11. (uk). First impressions are very good. Impressions up to now....I would say the ride quality is noticeably improved, front end feels lighter, grip feels huge (but that may be because my dunlops were way past their best), road noise seems better (could just be the roads Ive been on though). I was surprised by how much the rears stick out from the rims though (Im on standard wheel)....cant decide whether this looks good or bad yet.
One other comment...their is a huge difference in weight between the mpss and dunlop runflats. Dont know why but I hadnt thought of this before and Im not sure how significant this is to handling etc but subjectively holding them I would guess the dunlops are double the weight of the MPSS (obvious really). Just made me think of people (not just for gtrs) spending a fortune on lightweight wheels but then putting very heavy tyres on....

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
ive got mpss, i like them a lot over stock bridgestones, especially in the wet.. the bridgestones are very good in the dry tho..

the chunky rear tyres i like the look 275/305, and they make the back end a lot less twitchy.. which i prefer..

i didnt know that the dunlops where that much heavier.. due to the runflat system?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes..guess its obvious when you think about it (I just never had!) Basically the Runflats are just a huge fatter lump of rubber, when you handle them side by side the difference is very noticable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
These are the road tyres to get. Excellent grip in all conditions bar extreme on the track use. I have already ordered a set despite not even having a Gtr yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts