GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,.

MPSS Punctures, which auto repair product to use, so a full repair is still possible?

So we get a puncture, you slime/tyreweld etc at the roadside
Slime 60089 Quick Spair 500ml Emergency Flat Tyre Repair: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Holts HT3YA 400ml Tyreweld Emergency Puncture Repair: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I've heard some tyre shops dont like fixing tyres that have been temp repaired with roadside quickfix products

Do we have a product that is full repair safe?

thanks

chron

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
I have repaired tyres with dynaplugs and used the car on track. No problems whatsoever. As long as it's not on the tyre wall, youre fine.

You don't even have to take the tyre off the rim. Just wheel off, air out, plug it, and youre done. I have a set of plugs in the car at all times, along with the goop. If I can, I'd have a go at a repair before filling the tyre full of that foam

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have repaired tyres with dynaplugs and used the car on track. No problems whatsoever. As long as it's not on the tyre wall, youre fine.

You don't even have to take the tyre off the rim. Just wheel off, air out, plug it, and youre done. I have a set of plugs in the car at all times, along with the goop. If I can, I'd have a go at a repair before filling the tyre full of that foam
oks a couple of tins of the goop and a dynoplug kit, sounds like a plan.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYNAPLUG-...593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5400784bd1

What compressor do you use to pump the tyre back up, and where do you store it in the car to stop it moving round when driving?

thanks Patrick

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
oks a couple of tins of the goop and a dynoplug kit, sounds like a plan.
DYNAPLUG® TUBELESS TYRE REPAIR KIT FOR NISSAN | eBay

What compressor do you use to pump the tyre back up, and where do you store it in the car to stop it moving round when driving?

thanks Patrick
Any 12v compressor will do the job. If youre really that worried, buy a spare front alloy and tyre and stick it in the boot.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any 12v compressor will do the job. If youre really that worried, buy a spare front alloy and tyre and stick it in the boot.
I am not THAT worried no, I just dont want the compressor/dynaplugs/slime tins bouncing round my boot whilst driving.

I will get a boot organizer.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
I am not THAT worried no, I just dont want the compressor/dynaplugs/slime tins bouncing round my boot whilst driving.

I will get a boot organizer.
Jaysus....Dont get a boot organiser. Thats like a person wearing bumbag. Very gay.

Put the dynaplugs and tyre weld under the flap in the passenger footwell. A small compressor will fit in the glove box, or squeeze it under the seat in the back. If it moving around, tie wrap it to something.

Chronos, you're thinking too much into it. Relax a bit ;)

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jaysus....Dont get a boot organiser. Thats like a person wearing bumbag. Very gay.

Put the dynaplugs and tyre weld under the flap in the passenger footwell. A small compressor will fit in the glove box, or squeeze it under the seat in the back. If it moving around, tie wrap it to something.

Chronos, you're thinking too much into it. Relax a bit ;)
ha ha true, just I use the car as a daily, so I need to be ready to tackle any situations..

thanks

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've done the same, Dynaplugs and tyre weld in the footwell tray.
I bought a Michelin compressor recently and it lies neatly in the area between the rear wheel and back of the boot. For whatever reason, it's never moved either whereas everything else slides around all over the place.
350Z cargo net clips to the existing eyes perfectly for other stuff and doesn't look gay.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks as well for the links.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Off on a Euro run for the WRC Rally Deutschland soon & having only just picked up MY10 R35 which in on non-runflats, i'll be getting a set of Dynaplugs!
All the reviews on here for them appear very good, cheers all :)

Wondering if I should carry some of the TPMS friendly 'slime' as well though:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had the mpss on 6 months, not had a punture yet.......... ahh damn just jinxed it! ha ha

·
Registered
551 Posts
Off on a Euro run for the WRC Rally Deutschland soon & having only just picked up MY10 R35 which in on non-runflats, i'll be getting a set of Dynaplugs!
All the reviews on here for them appear very good, cheers all :)

Wondering if I should carry some of the TPMS friendly 'slime' as well though:confused:
I had to use slime recently and it worked great. And it doesn't ruin the tyre.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 27 Posts