GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any1 actually tried them first before posting here recommending these tyres???Its only a week since put them on and im not impressed at all,nearly smashed my tuned STAGE 5+ Gtr last night going into a corner!!!After all u dont buy this car looking for comfort!!!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
33 psi is your answer!

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
What sizes and pressures are you running? I've gone through two sets 275/305 and found they are excellent in the wet and normal day to day driving, even on the track on a wet/cold day.

On the really hot days and dry track days, I use the oem rf dunlops, which tend to grip better.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Love my MPSS and did around 50 laps of Brunters yesterday. Superb tyres.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
33psi is what i have,305/275 size,would have not happened if with the dunlops!I know my car very well!

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
For serious track use run flats are what the car was designed for
Non runflat give a much softer ride but sidewall flex will be higher

Porsche recommend up to 44psi with mpss on a panamera turbo cold for track use

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
They're not in the same class as the Dunlop oe tyres but they're excellent tyres IMHO. No better road tyre that I know of. So good in so many different conditions; quiet, hard wearing and for what they are brilliant on track. I wish they made them in 17's, would get them for my 32. They offer 90% of the dry grip of a lot of the track day tyres with none of the drawbacks. If they are like the older PS3's I suspect they will continue to offer their grip until they are completely worn out (unlike track day tyres!).
If you've only had them a week maybe they'll need scrubbing in? If you're expecting the same ultimate grip as the dunlops you will be left wanting, also the turn in will feel slightly dull as mentioned due to the softer sidewalls. They are probably lighter though as a trade off.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I was also using Michelins Pilot Super Sports at Bruntingthorpe yesterday, started the pressures at 2.3B, car handled well in the quick corners although the transition in the chicane was not as perfect as a stiffer side wall tyre. Really surprised by the original post as I find them excellent on the road and a good compromise on track, certainly would not go back to Dunlops as they are almost dangerous in the wet. My MPSS set up is 285 square and I wouldn't recommend going above 2.3 bar as a cold start pressure.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think on track it can depend upon driving style.... I run MPSS on mine and I think they are a good all rounder.
Kos did you get your MPSS with Extra Load? Because that could make a difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes mate,XL!A bit too soft for me,will test them on the track but once worn will go back to Sportmaxx!Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Personally love the MPSS and 33 psi has been perfect. Oh and I don't drive like Miss Daisey :chuckle:
I have mine on 34psi cold and find it good, still a bit bouncy at high speeds tho

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have mine on 34psi cold and find it good, still a bit bouncy at high speeds tho
Do you run standard suspension?
Interesting debate this is as I have MPSS 305/285 and have noticed the car is bouncy at high speeds too, together with feeling willowy on high speed corners.....almost like a jelly.

Was going to get a KW spring kit and Eibach ARBs but would reverting back to Dunlop run flats alone cure this? I do want to lower the car as it sits high but be interested on peoples opinions:)

Cheers
Louie

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Do you run standard suspension?
Interesting debate this is as I have MPSS 305/285 and have noticed the car is bouncy at high speeds too, together with feeling willowy on high speed corners.....almost like a jelly.

Was going to get a KW spring kit and Eibach ARBs but would reverting back to Dunlop run flats alone cure this? I do want to lower the car as it sits high but be interested on peoples opinions:)

Cheers
Louie
yes standard suspension 275/305

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've decided to stick to dunlops this time as I think to get the best out of other tyres you need to change suspension.

Graham

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've decided to stick to dunlops this time as I think to get the best out of other tyres you need to change suspension.

Graham
That's my thought Graham. Ideally I want to drop the car lower but that's more for aesthetics, however be interesting to see how this together with the uprated ARBs will change the handling whilst running MPSS?

Cheers

Louie

1 - 20 of 76 Posts