GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this week has seen us working on John's lovely black GTR

as well as a full colour change wrap we also installed window tints - bonnet dampers - sound proofing and arranged calliper re colour

due to the car seeing a lot and i mean a lot of track time we also double wrapped the bonnet / bumper

when i say a lot i mean it lol so far she's been round the nurburgring 194 times !!

on arrival

popped in a rear set of tints

stripped and made ready to wrap

wrap being fitted

annoying drain blocker removed

bonnet dampers installed

sound proofing

wet carbon roof and spoiler

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and complete

all works took place over a week and we're really pleased with the completed project

thanks for looking

Paul​

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Wow, seeing it was John's I was expecting something a little bit more subtle. :)

Looks good though.
As least people will see him gaining on them in the rear view mirror a bit earlier now.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Mr M ... are you now sponsored by Domestos :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Wow, seeing it was John's I was expecting something a little bit more subtle. :)

Looks good though.
As least people will see him gaining on them in the rear view mirror a bit earlier now.
Subtly.... I was thinking of a word to describe it ;)

I am just not a fan of the lip and skirts being colour coded, I would suggest the carbon wrap on those parts. Cant wait to see it on track!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers boys it took john a little while to make his mind up on the lowers but this was his decision and he loves it and thats whats important

she looks awesome in the flesh with a massive amount of road presence so all you slow coaches will see him coming up from the rear nice and early so you can make way lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Fantastic work as usual and I really like the colour scheme. The overhead shot looks proper :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
It was always going to be different after owning two black GT-R's I did consider something subtle like the V-Spec purple black or even they less 'in your face' Bayside Blue.

Debated whether to have the lower section in the carbon black but if I do get fed up with what I have done then it is a small job to change it.

As Richard says, at least they will see me coming and my excuse is that safety is important and the black stealth look is great, it isn't that visible whereas I do not think this colour will blend into the background unless I am driving in California or somewhere similar.

Thanks for the fantastic work that Paul and the PW Pro team did over the week. They were up against a deadline as the car was due for an occasion today which unfortunately has been postponed owing to the weather conditions and a lightning strike last night.

One thing that Paul didn't mention was the repainting of the brake callipers that were so bad after going through a few heat cycles that there was little left of the original gold Nissan colour. We chose subtle dark grey so as not to make the car too showy.

The new type of soundproofing was immediately obvious driving away with all the booming gone and I rediscovered the radio and the music from my cartridge player was still working!

Speedy, just remember that Domestos kills all known germs;)

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was always going to be different after owning two black GT-R's I did consider something subtle like the V-Spec purple black or even they less 'in your face' Bayside Blue.

Debated whether to have the lower section in the carbon black but if I do get fed up with what I have done then it is a small job to change it.

As Richard says, at least they will see me coming and my excuse is that safety is important and the black stealth look is great, it isn't that visible whereas I do not think this colour will blend into the background unless I am driving in California or somewhere similar.

Thanks for the fantastic work that Paul and the PW Pro team did over the week. They were up against a deadline as the car was due for an occasion today which unfortunately has been postponed owing to the weather conditions and a lightning strike last night.

One thing that Paul didn't mention was the repainting of the brake callipers that were so bad after going through a few heat cycles that there was little left of the original gold Nissan colour. We chose subtle dark grey so as not to make the car too showy.

The new type of soundproofing was immediately obvious driving away with all the booming gone and I rediscovered the radio and the music from my cartridge player was still working!

Speedy, just remember that Domestos kills all known germs;)
now then John !!

thanks for the feedback and i dont know why i completely forgot to grab some pictures of the callipers they look really smart in gunmetal with the silver brembo logo's

really enjoyed the project and our interaction during its course and shall very much look forward to mixing it up on track with you hopefully sooner rather than later

thanks again John we very much appreciate both your business and your review

Paul

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't mind the wrapped lowers although if it were done to mine I'd probably scrape off the lip one due to the gradient of the path crossover onto my drive. My poor lip gets a lot of abuse!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks the dog's..... Awesome job, completely transformed the look.... I like ittttt
thanks takamo

I don't mind the wrapped lowers although if it were done to mine I'd probably scrape off the lip one due to the gradient of the path crossover onto my drive. My poor lip gets a lot of abuse!
cheers matt we could always add a stainless rock slider down there lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts