GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have M's (well theres a logo on the side of the pipe) racing pipes on my car.

But after seeing a few cars running M's racing pipes (especially in the March '02 Fast Car), they seem to be silver/grey in colour.

The reason I say this, is that mine seem to be black with a small silver logo???

Anyone ever seen these before, or has someone painted them??

Also what filters come with the M's racing pipes?? And lastly how does the stock airbox connect up. Is it a matter of removing the M's pipes and connecting it to the airflow meters with the four screws???

Thanking you in advance

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I had them black on my R32. I think you can use K&N filters if you need new ones, or clean and oil the existing ones.
Standard airbox: throw it in the bin :smokin:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mines running K&N items.

Its just that I've seen a lot of ppl running Blitz filters with M's pipes.

And no I wasn't going to put the std. box back; its up in the loft!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Air Scoop

Hi,
Put the air scoop back to feed more air to your filters if you still have it (the bit that fixes to the front engine bay cross-member)

Henry.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
air scoop

Yeah I asked that question a few weeks ago about whether to put the air scoop back on.

Is it beneficial and do you have to cut it in anyway. Also are there two ducts, as I got two with my car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I believe I also have a set of (M&) 'M's' airfilters on my R32. Either it's a strange coincidence and mine have been painted black as well, or they DO sell them in black.

I have K&N's stuck on the end, but was unable to find any at the extravaganza for sale. If you find a stockist or a suitable replacement filter, please post the results, ( I shall of course do likewise).

Happy hunting :smokin:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a concidence!!!

How come you want to change the K&N filters???

Any particluar reason???

What would you think of replacing them with, and what difficulty are you having in finding another filter

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good question!

Not because I want some bright purple or green ones, or noisy/quiet ones, but I think age has got the better of them, and the rubber is cracked beyond repair, mainly where the jubilee clip seals it. Strangely one is worse than the other, the rear one is in a slightly tighter space, in close proximity to wiper reservoir, so maybe taking it off occasionally has stressed the rubber? but I've always been careful.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you may find that the Blitz kit comes with the same sort of M's intake pipes if not M's.

But don't know if Blitz sell the filters on their own.

·
Registered
994 Posts
M`s are black painted as standard,but you can have them polished & Blitz do sell the filters on there own.Phone RaceLogic or go to there web site.

Henry.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Henry...

Henry,

about the air scoop earlier on;

Yeah I asked that question a few weeks ago about whether to put the air scoop back on.

Is it beneficial and do you have to cut it in anyway. Also are there two ducts, as I got two with my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts