GTR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Id say go for them. With that price you've answered your question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of, but don't want them snapping in two lol. I'm sure the AP are only cast discs as well.

They seem to have loads of decent feedback.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Take a punt. Be the first to be brave.
Ive got them and few of my mates have too. Not 35s, but one of them absolutely hammers his car and they're still going strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Had Mtec on my Evo X and Range rover V8 worked really well, the RR was a heavy beast and they were much better than stock.

they did squeal on the EVO but that may have been pad choice rather than disc

Although this is like comparing Apples to Oranges in performance terms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had Mtec J Hooks on a weighty supercharged 350z, road and a lot of track, no issues to report, a very good disc.

To be fair, there are lots of reports out there of cracked ap discs, i dont see a company surviving if there discs were "dangerous" or about to implode at a moments notice, go for it!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
DBA make good R35 replacement discs. Worth trying and not that expensive.
Second vote here for DBA, I got this deal from Clark Motorsport over a year ago.

DBA T3 replacement rotors to fit the OEM bells (2012 R35 DBA) including VAT and delivery:

Front discs (pair) - £594
Rear discs (pair) - £622

Done 14 months, 12k miles, including 6 or 7 track days and some very "brisk" road driving using MX Endless pads (which are awesome btw). Just starting to get some very light surface cracks, but other than that they've been brilliant. Highly recommended for the price! (also love the slot pattern).

Spec sheet is here: https://dbabrakes.eu/discbrakes/32758/DBA52370.1LS

·
Registered
142 Posts
I fitted a full set for a friend he's done about 4K miles and 3 track days with ds2500 pads and they still look and preform like new, think he payed about £1300 for discs and pads total, I'll be fitting them on my car soon as its ready.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I found the hawks were awesome on the cool and warm days, but the cold cold bite isn't as good as the pads there were on it before I don't think.

just can't be arsed to take it on track to be honest, I like my car and don't want to A: smash it to bits, B: have someone else smash it to bits, C: blow my engine to pieces LOL

I don't think they give much better stopping power in honesty, not noticeable over what I had anyway...... I only went with them because I don't want the cracking that comes with drilled discs
Unless you have pockets deep enough to not even wonder how deep they are it's a brave man who tracks a GTR.

I think the guys at CATD training put it best when they said its not fair, you can take your shiney new £100k toy to the track and someone in a £500 banger can bosh you and write off your car with no comeback.

Lots of cheap 300+bhp cars out there now that you can have lots of fun with on the track and not have to worry about the cost of blowing them up or someone hitting them plus 1/3 of the cost of servicing and consumables.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Unless you have pockets deep enough to not even wonder how deep they are it's a brave man who tracks a GTR.

I think the guys at CATD training put it best when they said its not fair, you can take your shiney new £100k toy to the track and someone in a £500 banger can bosh you and write off your car with no comeback.

Lots of cheap 300+bhp cars out there now that you can have lots of fun with on the track and not have to worry about the cost of blowing them up or someone hitting them plus 1/3 of the cost of servicing and consumables.
I recently tracked my GT-R for the first time and was very underwhelmed it's a fast car on the road but seamed slow and boat like on track. I'll stick to the track car for the track and GT-R for Sunday driving.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I think the problem with the GT-R is that it***8217;s such a competent motor it could possibly feel underwhelming, as for boat like? Is that just because you***8217;re going tons faster than you would in a general track car?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think the problem with the GT-R is that it***8217;s such a competent motor it could possibly feel underwhelming, as for boat like? Is that just because you***8217;re going tons faster than you would in a general track car?
I think it's mainly due to the weight of the GT-R and a little to do with grip my gbs zero and GT-R both have 650bhp but the zero weighs 480kg, runs slicks and probably has less drive line losses. The other problem is heat the GT-R's temps hits 100c in just a couple of laps.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts