GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Does RIPS sell a single throttle body??

Let me guess there completely wasting there time they have designed a plenum because they thought they could earn loads of money out of it.

You talk shit If that was the case they would have just designed a plenum what keeps the itbs.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Let me guess there completely wasting there time they have designed a plenum because they thought they could earn loads of money out of it.

You talk shit If that was the case they would have just designed a plenum what keeps the itbs.
I just don't get you. You come acrass as knowing very little and counter everthing everyone else even remotely suggests are total crap.

Nothing is ever good enough, you cannot grasp the simplist of concepts yet you persistantly argue until you are blue in the face. You then accuse Matt and myself of saying white is black.

Well, one this is plain, you will never learn anything with your attitude and maybe that explains alot.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I just don't get you. You come acrass as knowing very little and counter everthing everyone else even remotely suggests are total crap.

Nothing is ever good enough, you cannot grasp the simplist of concepts yet you persistantly argue until you are blue in the face. You then accuse Matt and myself of saying white is black.

Well, one this is plain, you will never learn anything with your attitude and maybe that explains alot.

You got it completely wrong I learn what I see is worth learning and from the people who have done the most testing not people sitting on Google.

The pair of you are disagreeing with pretty much everyone who has done most testing on rbs and plenum designs for example
Rips
Hypertune
Amt

Even twenierob rob said the best all rounder was a endless single, but for Everone information Matt j and r32 combat who have done no testing and have build no engines ok r32 combat might have built 1 or 2 no more than the real experts.

I'm done with this shit it's stupid if people honestly think you pair of clowns no more than them then good luck to them

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
You got it completely wrong I learn what I see is worth learning and from the people who have done the most testing not people sitting on Google.
That's a blinkered approach in my honest opinion.

The pair of you are disagreeing with pretty much everyone who has done most testing on rbs and plenum designs for example
Rips
Hypertune
Amt
But it's ok for you to disagree with know facts about ITB vs single TBs.

Even twenierob rob said the best all rounder was a endless single, but for Everone information Matt j and r32 combat who have done no testing and have build no engines ok r32 combat might have built 1 or 2 no more than the real experts.
Dan, Rob passed away in 2009, it's hardly fair to use his findings as an example.
FYI, he advised me to run the Greddy Plenum and ITBs with dual fuel rails.

I'm done with this shit it's stupid if people honestly think you pair of clowns no more than them then good luck to them
Nobody is claiming to know more than anyone else, I asked a specific question which you've made comments on but in no way answered.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts

Rips
Hypertune
Amt

Enjoy your ignorance.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
That is a work of art......but is it needed, actually is it needed on an RB26DETT......

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
That is a work of art......but is it needed, actually is it needed on an RB26DETT......
It is indeed a work of art but a job that is made so much easier with the use of modern CADCAM packages and the more widespread use of 5 axis machining centres. I wonder if they considered additive machining as an alternative as the material that is left is so much less than what they started with? As much as I enjoy seeing things like this, and I don't want to appear overly critical, whatever happened to the traditional engineering motto of trying to find the easiest way to achieve something?

I bet it won't be cheap and I'd want to see a lot of evidence of real world gains before I'd take the plunge and buy something such as that.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I do hear from tuners that having the throttles after the plenum makes it harder to tune.....what's everyone's thoughts on that?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
That's amazing it looks superb. Respect to ASNU!!!

Now we just need one for the RB engines.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
I do hear from tuners that having the throttles after the plenum makes it harder to tune.....what's everyone's thoughts on that?
I would think that the smaller the volume between the butterfly and the valve the harder it is to get the transition fuelling perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Also the response on the R35 is incredible. Perhaps on a huge turbo monster it would help but then they would just be a restriction.

I can see why they would machine it. If it proved popular then I could see a cast version appearing but this is likely an engineering show piece that will remain very low volume.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would think that the smaller the volume between the butterfly and the valve the harder it is to get the transition fuelling perfect.
Also difficult to have a stable MAP reading if you're not using MAF sensors.

At full throttle no restriction... winner, crazy flow pattern at part throttle. Who needs part throttle ey :)
If you plot airflow against throttle angle they're pretty awful. Also very difficult to seal, so not great with boost. Ideal N/A throttle if money were no object is a double roller barrel. Mmmmm

61 - 80 of 90 Posts