GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,
Has anyone chopped in their MY10 for an MY12?. Really interested in standard spec cars, to ask thoughts on the differences in performance etc. Regards, SIMON.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Have gone MY10 to MY11 twice.

I don't think there's enough difference of 12 compared to 11 for that same comparison to be considered invalid.

If you want my feedback you are welcome to phone me as it is too lengthy to go through in email. You could search the many 10>11 posts, but what I would say on the phone would be more specific to my and perhaps your situation.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have gone MY10 to MY11 twice.

I don't think there's enough difference of 12 compared to 11 for that same comparison to be considered invalid.

If you want my feedback you are welcome to phone me as it is too lengthy to go through in email. You could search the many 10>11 posts, but what I would say on the phone would be more specific to my and perhaps your situation.
Thanks Adam,
Ive been uumming and aahing now, for quite some time, about newer, modified, unmodified etc, and ive made my decision. My 10 car is going in against an X5, which is the family vehicle, and im going to save up for as long as i can possibly hold out,without having a GT-R, then buy a new one. The new GT-R will be kept totally standard, as even my 10 car is imho, more then enough for the road, and my needs. So i just wanted to hear, just how good a standard 11/12 car is, regards, SIMON.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
The standard 11 car is excellent. I could not tell the difference against the 12.

The standard 10 car is less good, but still excellent. As stated previously the deficiencies can be cheapely rectified if you want to spend a little money in the right places.

If keeping it standard the 11 is definitely a better option. If modifying the 10 is significantly better. If like me you can't help but have the changes to the 11 but still want to modify, you have to just say screw it and waste a load of money.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Simon, I've just swapped an unmodified April 09 car for the latest MY12. Clearly its not run in yet but the 12 car looks to be a big step forward in quite a few areas. If you PM me in a month it'll be run in and I'll have a better idea.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Been looking at some MY12 too. I've sat in a 12 plate 370z and impressed and the build quality and I wonder if this is the same for the MY12 GTRs...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts