GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after reading through this thread about the lack of content:
https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/568631-forum-seems-dead-where-all-skyline-action-now.html

I decided to post up the information on my build that I'm doing. I usually just lurk around, reading as much as I can but I think I'm at the point where I have something useful to give back to the forums, so here goes.

A little background on my car: I bought it from DaveW a few years back and had it shipped to the US where I live. It's been through a few things over the years but currently I am doing a RIPS built 3.2 bottom end, EFR 6758 twins, built head (which was done previously) and all the supporting mods to achieve good power. If people are interested in the details of all the things done to the car, I would be happy to post them.

I have attached pics of the engine build. I will have to make another post for some of the other parts and pics of the car. The car is currently with a local shop, 412 Motorsports and the tune/wiring is being done by @turbojoetuned (Instagram) for those who are curious. Also, you can check out my Instgram for more pictures and videos if you're interested: @minesskyline

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay, been waiting on parts to show up. Here's the current status, as told by pictures. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

PRP CAM trigger kit, Hypertune intake/exhaust manifold, EFR turbo, drive-by-wire throttle body (82mm), Turbosmart 45mm Hypergate, cage and some gaskets.

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
that engine will do some proper torque/power, I got my RB30 bottom end from r.i.p.s and was the best decision I ever made, if he had the RB32 that would be the one I would go, but overall I'm very very happy with the RB30.dealling with rod and r.i.p.s was absolute pleasure.as you would know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that engine will do some proper torque/power, I got my RB30 bottom end from r.i.p.s and was the best decision I ever made, if he had the RB32 that would be the one I would go, but overall I'm very very happy with the RB30.dealling with rod and r.i.p.s was absolute pleasure.as you would know.
RIPS/Robbie was great to work with. And the work he did was just spectacular all around. I'm a few weeks away from getting it up and running and I can barely hold on to my excitement.

·
Registered
938 Posts
will your efr twins fit under the bonnet? block is about 30mm higher! Just wondering because originally I wanted twins but I was to scared I wouldn't be able to close the bonnet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will your efr twins fit under the bonnet? block is about 30mm higher! Just wondering because originally I wanted twins but I was to scared I wouldn't be able to close the bonnet.
I am going to single turbo. Sold the twins so hopefully clearance won't be an issue.

·
Registered
519 Posts
What management will you be running ? I presume the DBW throttle is the Bosch 82mm Motorsport jobby ? I am running a Spool 3.4 liter and have simply not looked back at all !
Cam specs ? I started off on 288 but went smaller to a 272 cam...purely for drive ability with the cable throttle I had.
If I may, seriously consider a dry sump system with your expensive engine, don`t rely on internal pumps.

Following with interest....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What management will you be running ? I presume the DBW throttle is the Bosch 82mm Motorsport jobby ? I am running a Spool 3.4 liter and have simply not looked back at all !
Cam specs ? I started off on 288 but went smaller to a 272 cam...purely for drive ability with the cable throttle I had.
If I may, seriously consider a dry sump system with your expensive engine, don`t rely on internal pumps.

Following with interest....
Hey, thanks for the interest. I have a Haltech Elite 2500 ecu that will be the brain of the engine. The dbw is indeed a 82mm Bosch powered throttle body. For cams, they are Kelford 272/272. I did think about going to dry sump, but RIPS/Robbie said that if I had an accusump for what I was doing with the car I would be alright. It's mostly a street car for the occasional weekend. I definitely don't disagree with you and have still been considering going dry sump before the motor goes in. We'll see!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
RIPS actually do RB32s, though?! His own drag car was a 3.2.

I am going to single turbo. Sold the twins so hopefully clearance won't be an issue.
I saw that, nice! Which EFR is it, can see that it's a black edition one of some type

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hey, thanks for the interest. I have a Haltech Elite 2500 ecu that will be the brain of the engine.The dbw is indeed a 82mm Bosch powered throttle body. For cams, they are Kelford 272/272. I did think about going to dry sump, but RIPS/Robbie said that if I had an accusump for what I was doing with the car I would be alright. It's mostly a street car for the occasional weekend. I definitely don't disagree with you and have still been considering going dry sump before the motor goes in. We'll see!
Hit me up for a great little dry sump pump if you want. Been using mine for 3 years now and not an issue. Cheap in your money, locally made in an aircraft machine shop.
I damaged it though when I "lost" a damn washer form the cam cover and also did not have debris screens in the scavenge lines.
The nice part is that you can use the std sump with a single scavenge fitting welded in, don`t need the fancy low profile "race look" stuff.

The pump is featured in my build thread.

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/364010-rb34-26-s14-project.html

1 - 20 of 44 Posts