GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most people on here know i have owned my GTR for over 2 years now and just wanted to give a background on how it all started. For five years i owned a 1993 toyota celica st185 gt4 turbo i loved it but a time came were the power i wanted from the car it would have cost me to much money so i made a decision to sell my pride and joy and buy my dream car a skyline gtr.

Here are some pics of my GT4

So the search was on to find a clean example my list of requirements were it had to be a series 3 gtr face lift model-silver-low mileage-standard engine-v-spec and minimum 4 grade on the auctions for the car. It took me about a year but then finaly one day the right car came up. Got a telephone call from one of the jap dealers saying the right car had came up and he sent me some pics :D:D four months later picked the car up from the garage and was on my way home with my dream car :D.

Here is a list of parts the car came with

10X18" PANASPORT G7 TWO PIECE SPLIT RIMS
Nismo downpipe
Nismo racing cat
Nismo back box
HKS filters
Apart from that the car was totally standard

Some pics of the car in japan

Some pics of the car in the uk :clap:

So time now for money to start flying out of my pocket

First things first the Nismo racing cat and back box had to go.the first things i bought were

Decat pipe
blitz nur spec cat back exhaust

Next on the list was

tein super street coilovers with upper mounts
volk racing gtc 10.5 x 19" alloys

Have to say a big thanks for matt and Miguel @ Newera for sorting out all my bits at a speedy pace :thumbsup:

So i was off to elite tyres to fit all the bits on the car :D

Here some pics of the car a couple of weeks later with all the parts fitted

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Next on the list was a hks ssqv bov i know a lot of people dont like them but i love the sound of them :D

So next i concentrated on the discs and calipers. Because the car will never be tracked i got my self some

ebc turbo groove discs all round
endless cc-rg brake pads all round
Goodridge brake hose line kit all round
all calipers refurbished in ferrari rosso corsa red

Pics of all bits fitted on :clap:

Next was to get rid of the standard Indicators and some other bits and bobs

Dspeed R33 Clear Font Indicators
Nismo clear Indicators (side)
Nissan oem R34 / 33 Alloy Pedal Covers inc foot rest cover
Replacement HKS elements (Yellow) x2 GTR33 fitment

Next on the list was to find a pair of r34 gtr front seats after struggling to find some got a telephone from a friend saying he was selling a pair of seats from a 2002 v-spec nur in mint condition was over there in a flash

Pics of all parts fitted

So up to date the last thing that i ordered was

Garage Defend carbon fiber Cooling Panel
Carbon fiber Rad Brackets

Pics of parts fitted

So thats it for now have ordered some more bits off matt will post some pics up when they arrive. have to say that since owning my gtr i have not looked back. hopefully when the cosmetic parts are finished i will concentrate on the engine wich hopefully will be around 500 bhp. my ame for the car is to make it in to a show car well hopefully one day :clap: :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Beautiful 33 buddy i am a huge admirer of your car. hopefully i can keep my series 3 looking as mint!
Keep up the excellant work

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's one seriously tidy looking 33. You just need to get a series 3 front splitter to finish the front end off now.
The previous owner in japan had damaged the front splitter so he replaced it with the one you see on the car. I did think of replacing it with the original one but now i prefer the way it looks now :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just found some pics when i just picked up the car not the best of pics taken with my phone

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered some bits to bling up the engine bay will post pics up when they arrive

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I don't like this car!! It made my one look old and tired when parked opposite it at the Ace cafe :D It's definitely one of the cleanest examples I've personally ever seen without a doubt :)

1 - 20 of 289 Posts