GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my GTR last friday, standard 62 plate Jan 2013 with 3500 miles!! Having owned mainly Evos I dont know much abt the GTR and I have a few questions that have prob been answered loads of times before but was hoping you guys could still help!! :D

As the car still has ruffly 2 yrs warranty I was wondering what mods I can do that wont effect it?

The gearbox is pretty noisy and clunky for a 3500 mile car and it doesnt really seem to like been driven slow :p ....is this normal?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
The gearbox is pretty noisy and clunky for a 3500 mile car and it doesnt really seem to like been driven slow :p ....is this normal?
Yep. Drive it like you stole it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea pretty normal.. If you get the new V4 ecutek TCM map from litchfield + a clutch learn it should make it a bit more quiet but its pretty normal..

The car can be tempermental sometimes lol.. Might be extra noisy one day and super quiet the other :p A have noticed tho after some heavy driving it can get extra noisy.. But then when you reaallly abuse it, it becomes super quiet again :s...

Car is just weird like that :p sounds like a prototype lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the info guys!! What abt modifications is there much I can do without voiding the warranty?

When I start the car it says Maintenance and underneath it says filter with a wee picture of what looks like a filter, it stays there until I have to click it off!! Can any1 tell me what this means? Thx

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Thx for the info guys!! What abt modifications is there much I can do without voiding the warranty?

When I start the car it says Maintenance and underneath it says filter with a wee picture of what looks like a filter, it stays there until I have to click it off!! Can any1 tell me what this means? Thx
RTFM?

Edit: someone already asked this where you asked the same question in the other section!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wrote this before I got an answer and no1 was answering that question in this section so thought id post it in tech section!!

No1 has answered my modifications question yet....

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Probay because you've asked the same question that is asked every week. You'd find the answer by searching.

A Y pipe can be done without effecting the warranty. After that everything else is risky, if you did mod the car and had an issue you would have to prove that what you had done wasn't the cause of the fault. But I in generL nissan have been quite reasonable.

You can buy a warranty from litchfields and that will cover the car and all the mods aslong as the mods are done by them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts