GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs Moff and I are just about to start a bit of a road trip, and we can't wait...

We will be taking my Autech Stagea, which is already kitted out with Snow tyres, and has plenty of room for 2 and a half weeks of clothes and shopping :)

Its going to be a great Journey. We start on Monday 8th March by jumping on the Eurostar at 0900, and arrive back on Tuesday 24th March, after a cruise back from Spain..

We have never done this kind of journey before, the car is going in shortly for a complete fluid change, and I will be taking plenty of spare with me..

Any tips welcomed :)

The Route.. Super Road Trip

07MAR FOLKESTONE, Uk 1NT
08MAR CHUR, Switzerland 1NT
09MAR VENICE, Italy 3NTS
12MAR ROME, Italy 3NTS
15MAR FLORENCE, Italy 2NTS
17MAR NICE 2NTS
19MAR BARCELONA, Spain 2NTS
21MAR SANTANDER, Spain 1NT
22 MAR SANTANDER Overnight Ferry
23 MAR PORTSMOUTH, Uk

Fuel bill, what fuel bill :D

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
quality stuff,i wanted to dos this in the summer,but currently funds are empty from car purchase,but i shall do it!

similar route like yours i was looking at :D

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take some octane booster just incase! Maybe a few cans of that puncture repair stuff too!

Have a great trip, take lots of pics!
Good point, didn't think of that :)

Other items on the list are (feel free to recommend more) :

Tyreweld
Shovel
Blankets
Water
Oil
Spare Sat Nav
AA European Cover
Jump Leads
Tow Rope
Triagnle
First Aid Kit
Additional screenwash

Don't worry, we will be taking a million pics :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i drove from greece to the uk and back again in november i have done this trip about 8 times ...take some baby wipes..!! and take plenty of cash lots of motorway services don't like credit cards especially in italy ..don't get caught speeding in switzerland..

and don't let your tank get below half if possible don't take unessecary crap with you it never gets used ..
but make sure you take your tools .. try not to plan everything go with the flow it's better that way .good luck

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
sum european countries require you to have hi-vis vests in the car, not sure which though:thumbsup:

sat navs are for girls, get real MAPS..... for men

have a good time mate

kev

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
France gives fines if you don't have High vis.vests for every person in the car.

And in Spain the fuel isn't all that good, so be sure to get a lot off octane booster :thumbsup:

Pitty you're only going to Barcelona in March, I'll be there this weekend for Valentine's day with my girlfriend, allthough without the GTR and by plane :D

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a hi vis vest, but we are going to miss a lot of France due to cost of the toll roads, and we have a lot of toll roads as it is :eek:

Octane Booster, good idea :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts