GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought I'd stick a project thread up on here - I got the car last week from Amar (Euroexports), it's my first Skyline and I'm absolutely loving it! the car is as old as I am (just), but it's nice and tidy and even on factory boost it feels quick enough for me!

advert pics:

First things first, took it home and swapped the wheel over for something more to my taste:

Removed the defunct turbo timer and ETC toll-card system:

need to get a stereo at some point - although the car has a decent enough sound track for now :D

tucked away in my (frustratingly small) garage

Short term plans are to basically just enjoy it and tidy it up where needed (it has a few tiny niggles but nothing major!). I won't be chasing big power numbers as I don't feel the need to; I want this car to be as reliable as Nissan planned it to be and it's plenty quick enough for my needs already!

I'll update this with some proper pictures once I get my camera out, just need the weather to stay decent over the weekend :chairshot

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Been out for a spin tonight - I don't use the car for work so it's nice to take it out on an evening/weekend!

Couldn't resist getting a photo of the back end - I've loved that view since Gran Turismo (2?) came out!

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Nice looking R32 :) They look best with the factory look or Nismo kit and some nice set or in your case wheels BBS being one of the best for the car. Don't bastardise the body;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nice looking car you have.
I've always liked to keep my toys for weekend use. Much better than using them as a daily.
KM

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking R32 :) They look best with the factory look or Nismo kit and some nice set or in your case wheels BBS being one of the best for the car. Don't bastardise the body;)
thanks and don't worry - I will be adding nothing to the stock body whatsoever!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking car you have.
I've always liked to keep my toys for weekend use. Much better than using them as a daily.
KM
this is the first time I've been able to keep a car as a proper toy; not having to sit in traffic commuting every day makes it feel way more special every time I take it out :clap:

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Congrats on the purchase....looks lovely!!

Good choice on steering wheel...that blue thing is just awful..

TT

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the purchase....looks lovely!!

Good choice on steering wheel...that blue thing is just awful..

TT
Cheers mate, I was surprised just how much the new wheel improved the feel of the car!

The old wheel is for sale in case anybody wants it - even if you fancy buying it to make sure it never sees the light of day again!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Perfect! The BBS suit the car very well, good job on removing that blue steering wheel! It looks nice as is, perhaps some nismo spats, color coded front lip and a bonnet lip will set it off. Any engine bay pictures?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase.
Very lovely 32 there... espesh with the gold BBS contrasting the black paintwork.

I'm still waiting to collect mines :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
That looks fantastic, especially in the black! Don't seem to see many black ones around now so nice to see one in such nice condition :)

Hope you enjoy it!

Mike

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind comments everyone, I'm still not entirely 100% on the wheels myself but it's nice to know they go down well with you lot! haha

No engine bay pics yet as I'm planning on tidying it up a bit in there - the inlet plenum has been painted in the past and is peeling loads and the car came with a broken strut brace (absolutely horrendous welding) so I've got a bit of work to do in there and then I'll put some pics up when I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not denying they look good on the car, they get a lot of attention and they're in great condition.

I've never had flashy wheels before, that's all, and I generally prefer more subtle styling. I'm not rushing into anything though, so no need to panic :)

1 - 20 of 162 Posts