GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its only a beginners diet-lowfat-Skyline but ... heres my baby!

Purchased from Richard @ www.rexis.co.uk and should be shipped out of Japan early next week!

1991 GTS4 RB20DET, Manual, SVA Exempt! w00t!

I'm like an over-excited child!!

Looking forward to meeting some of you lot at a meet in the new year hopefully! Assuming I survive the winter without going off :rolleyes:

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers slippyr4! Well, its coming in at Tilbury so it should be the standard 6 week delay I'm guessing, I get my full invoice this week and I should get a rough ETA then.

Dan

·
Registered
961 Posts
very nice
ron s has it it grey with no spioler and its great they sound the biz and they have the beast within look!

any up grades planned

·
Registered
905 Posts
GOD ITS LIKE LOOKING IN THE MIRROR!!!

Nice car matey.....same colour as mine too!!!

!!!!Agast!!!!:eek:

Si

·
Registered
425 Posts
Best be careful when Si is around then Dan, you may be going home with a few parts missing.:D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the comments Guys :D I'll take great car if mine and Si's paths cross to be sure I have anything that can be removed - removed.

Just one question I got for Si... Does your GTS4 have that rear spoiler?

I read in a road test that it should have the same item as the GTS-t Type M, but the GTS-t's I've seen all have a spoiler with a central prong too, rather than just fixed at either end .. if you see what I mean. Maybe its a model-year thing, but is it the same as yours?!

Waiting for my invoice to come through so I can transfer the correct amount of cash over, then its just a matter of sitting back and .. waiting *sigh*

Dan

S

·
0 Posts
Its a SKYLINE bud.

Its more than I have at the moment.

You got yourself a Nissan Skyline - how many people can say that eh?

Nice one!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Senna: Thats a fair point dude ... Regardless of model - Its a Skyline! Good luck with your hunt for a GT-R!

GU5I 80Y: Dont know about upgrades yet, I wanna get it over and do all the essentials before I think about more power... But it could be on the cards, the engine bay pic shows it as having an induction kit and strut brace on already!

Si: One more thing :rolleyes: whereabouts in the instrument cluster is the ATESSA gauge that shows the torque to the front wheels? I have a pic of the dash from mine and I dont see it, and as its been debadged theres no way for me to confirm that its a GTS4 rather than a GTS-t...

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS4

Danoh,
What grade was the car?. Would be good to see the interior.

PaulP.

Well Done on the new purchase.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul,

I believe its about a Grade 4, I'll post the underbonnet and interior shots when I get back to work tomorrow! :D

Dan

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Danoh

Well done.

I can help you with the import of the car, we are customs agents and can handle the whole thing for you.

If it is coming into Tilbury it will be shipped with Yuwautotrade and you need to get the car out of Tilbury as quickly as possible as it is not as secure as Southampton, we can do this for you and supply the bits you need to convert and delimit, happy to help.

you can PM me for further info or look at our website : www.kleerfreight.com

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dirk,

Very many thanks for your offer! Please check your PM, I'm a total newbie to the world of imports ... you being at Tilbury is like a light at the end of the duty and tax tunnel!

Thank you!!!

Dan

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Skylines

Dan

Congratulations with your new car !! Hope you like it !

Andre.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers Glen and Andre :D

Heres some more shots, not all good though :rolleyes:

This is the bad news, the rear arch drivers side is pretty scabby - "looks" cosmetic though so I'm hoping its gone no further - apparantly its got no crash history...

Heres under the bonnet ... air filter looks like an addon, and the strut-brace must be... Hopefully the air-con is already faulty because I wont feel guilty about ripping it all out ... saps power and for one week a year it hardly seems worth it...

And the interior, they have a new centre vent for me which they'll drop into the car ... but where on that pic should the ATESSA gauge be?!

Should that rot on the rear wheel arch worry me much? I mean it is a 1991 model so its gonna be scabby... What do you guys think?

Dan

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS-4

Danoh,
Right where do I start without hurting your feelings...Right for a start theres no way that car is a grade 4 with rotting wheel arch. To be honest I have never heard of a good Skyline what ever age having Rotting wheel arches. You need to know what condition the Engine is in, It looks like it may have been used by a boy racer and therefore you need some sort of Gaurantee from Rexis. To be honest in it's condition I wouldn't pay more than £800!. I bought mine for in mint condition for £600. Iwould say that Rexis are making a good healthy profit on that car. I dont want you to feel down hearted, But I would suggest you get Rexis to get you a Proper Grade 4 car with the Auction sheet to prove it. I would say that the one you have there is probably a grade 3. Let me know what your honest opinion is. Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
PaulP.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Paul,

Its a fair comment sir, it does look a touch scrappy, for the guestimated grading so this is what my importer said regarding the grading...

Dear Daniel,

It is actually our policy not to disclose this. Many people in the UK
think that they understand the system in Japan, but sadly do not. We are
members of many different auction houses and groups, all rate
differently and one auctions grade 4 may not be equal to anothers, hence
it only serves to confuse the customer.

Grade R or A cars (crash repaired) are also rated differently. In actual
fact your car was a 3.5 USS grade, but this information should not be
taken to seriously as the rating system is for information to qualified
Japanese auction buyers only..!

Regards,

Richard

Fair enough I think... Let me elaborate a little. I've only been in the motor trade for 7 years, but in that time I've seen a lot of different vehicles from brand new 10 miler's to 300,000+ mile cars. One thing I've learnt is that you cant tell how good or bad a car is from its looks alone, and as very few of us can drive our imports before we buy - its a gamble regardless of how nice or nasty it looks.

If mine had been touched up in a body shop and had that rusty nastyness covered up, I wouldnt be any the wiser - but purly because it "looked" ok, doenst mean it would have been ... underneath it would be the same scuzz, covered up with filler and paint and in less than a year it would make itself known by bursting through the paint...

When you puchased your car, you didnt get to hear it, so you didnt know if it rattled like a paint-tin-of-gravel or not, you have to trust the buyer - a leap of faith indeed. My theory is this, my importer was honest enough to tell me about the rust and imperfections - its a 10+ year old car, its going to be a bit scrappy - but I have to trust his judgement, as you did with your importer (assuming you didnt go to Japan obviously).

In summing up, its the model I wanted, its a GTS4 Turbo, with 4WD and HICAS .. and its a manual, that alone to me is worth £1000 premium - I cant cope with autos... All in the car will cost me around £3500 I guess, with £200 in the bodyshop I could get £4200-4500 for it over here so to "me" its not a bad deal, I dont mind how much Rexis make on it, its still saved me money over buying in the UK...

Not meaning any offence with this obviously, but when you only have pictures which can disguise any number of flaws - I cant be too fussy - because the most beautiful looking GTR could just be an accident repaired old shed... If I'm gonna take a leap of faith, it makes no odds how high or how far it is ... to me anyways :D

Thank you for your feedback though, I see the point you are making...

Dan

·
Registered
905 Posts
DAN!!!

It Looks like a GTS4 to me. Where the two small dials are on the left of the console, the bottom one is the fuel guage and the top is the torque split meter. Usually on a GTSt where the TSM is located the turbo guage is, and you've got that wodging turbo guage in that pod on the dash.

As to the spoiler mine has the middle leg, only GTRs have the two legged spoiler, I THINK.... as for your rear arches, they seem to be a bit vunerable any way, but a bit of work and some AH3 spray from Halfords, yes thats your colour code, and Halfords will mix it for you. should be good as new mate.

KEMPY!! YOURE GTS4 IS A FAKE!!!!Its not a TRUE GTS4!!!;) People will start thinking I'm a bit dodgey going on like that mate!! Dont worry dan your cars safe mate!!

One question though Dan, what the funk is the Big Hole in the top of the Dash??? and I dont mean the double stereo hole....

Si:D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Si: Excellent stuff, cheers for the info on the ATESSA, and for the encouragement on the Rear arch, I didnt think it looked like the end of the world - the importer has assured me that its mechanically sound ... and as I cant get there to go see, I have to trust him on it.

Having looked at a few more GTS's I think that rear spoiler is either from an earlier model, or mostly likely from a 4-door GTS model...

The abyss in the dashboard :rolleyes: is the central air-vent outlet which was missing from the car following the auction (weird), but they have another one for me which will either be put in the glovebox or fitted back into the dash...

Cheers for the paint code too, that'll be handy for that Arch job! :D

Dan

1 - 20 of 45 Posts