GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Folks the GTR is gone.

Really quick process.

Put it on Pistonheads last Wednesday, 17 phone calls within 24 hrs and a deposit paid that week for me to hold it until today.

Full asking price as well no haggling although i did price it to sell.

Have had an amazing time with it.

Will still be hanging round the forum and club and may even bring my new toy out to beat a few of you round the track.....

A few bits for sale in the for sale section, open to offers on them so feel free to give me a shout.

All the best to everyone i have met through the club, keep your beasts rubber side down and continue to enjoy them.

My main reason for selling was to enjoy more focused track time in something which is lighter until my fat arse gets in it and will be cheaper to run on track.

The GTR in my eyes is still THE most potent road weapon and family car out there and don't let anyone else ever tell you differently!!!

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Well done for selling it so quickly, bet you're sad though :(

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
you should post 'that' video

the pit lane fly by

Sorry you've sold up; what is the new ride?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and before i forget, loved the turn out of the GTR family tree at our First scottish Meet and Knockhill Streetcar Scotland events........

No "Them and Us" as far as i am concerned, keep doing what you are all doing and enjoy your cars!!!!

Regards

ScottyB

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
All the best Scotty.
I'm sure the new owner knows how you drove it like a girl at Millbrook :bowdown1:

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
So all that nagging from your missus finally got through did it? :p

Shame, but I bet you return to the fold at some point...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So all that nagging from your missus finally got through did it? :p

Shame, but I bet you return to the fold at some point...
Actually David she is going MENTAL, she loved the car and did not want me to sell it.

Wee man is also giving me the silent treatment, his "Cool" rating at school has just been withdrawn....;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sad Times

Sorry to see her go Scotty.

I have a lasting memory of the sound of your car (and John's come to that).

When you took Russ for a spin from the pub when everyone else had gone I could hear the acceleration and gear changes for a long time after you were out of sight and before you returned.

Enjoy the atom.

Mark.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hi Scotty

Was great to meet you last year. Was looking forward to see your car up close again and with all the suspension tweeks. Will your car be staying in Scotland?

No surprise having heard you talk so enthusiastically about your track experiences and getting your license etc. that you're going to get on the track more. Obviously you have a knack for it. So good that you're going to have a bit of fun with it and an Ariel Atom sounds like the perfect weapon.

Will definitely be up Knockhill etc next year and catch up with you.

All the best and look forward to reading about your Atom experiences.

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Scotty,

Will miss you mate sheparding me to the Petrol station :chuckle: Hope to see you around if i ever get the balls to run the beast at Knockhill.....maybe after Millbrook:runaway:

Mind you maybe with the Atom you will finally skelp mah bum at Crail.

Live long and prosper and drop in past when your in the Granite city as i'm out in Dyce.

Mark,

You should hear the beast now that i dont have any pussy's in the zorst:chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry to see her go Scotty.

I have a lasting memory of the sound of your car (and John's come to that).

When you took Russ for a spin from the pub when everyone else had gone I could hear the acceleration and gear changes for a long time after you were out of sight and before you returned.

Enjoy the atom.

Mark.

Thanks Mark,

I am sure i can persuade a few of you to take a few Pax laps in the Atom as well.......;)

There must be something i can do to the atom to make it sounds like the dogs, saying that the sound of the Supercharger will be music to my ears anyway......lol

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Scotty

Was great to meet you last year. Was looking forward to see your car up close again and with all the suspension tweeks. Will your car be staying in Scotland?

No surprise having heard you talk so enthusiastically about your track experiences and getting your license etc. that you're going to get on the track more. Obviously you have a knack for it. So good that you're going to have a bit of fun with it and an Ariel Atom sounds like the perfect weapon.

Will definitely be up Knockhill etc next year and catch up with you.

All the best and look forward to reading about your Atom experiences.

Cheers

Ian
Thanks Ian,

Was a pleasure meeting you as well mate, can't wait to see your beast with the Audio all finished, is it completed yet??? It was you getting it all done or am i losing the plot?

Yeah got bitten with the track bug tbh, going to give it a go, there is talk of a specific series in which the atoms can take part in so will keep you all posted.

Would be great to see you at Knockers, make sure and come across and say hello.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scotty,

Will miss you mate sheparding me to the Petrol station :chuckle: Hope to see you around if i ever get the balls to run the beast at Knockhill.....maybe after Millbrook:runaway:

Mind you maybe with the Atom you will finally skelp mah bum at Crail.

Live long and prosper and drop in past when your in the Granite city as i'm out in Dyce.

Mark,

You should hear the beast now that i dont have any pussy's in the zorst:chuckle::chuckle:
Ah yes the famous 20 mile detour to find a bloody petrol station that was open near Crail.....proved a point though the GTR can run on fumes.....;)

Up in ABZ Friday 5th for the day, will give you a shout if you are free we can get a catch up.

You will love Millbrook mate, go with a nice clear head and just take everything in like a sponge you will love it, both Nick and Colin are legends mate.........

Once you have done this get yourself to a Hot Marques night in the GTR all nice exotica and you dont have to go too crazy, i will quite happily go wing man and help you learn the circuit........

Safest place for it mate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well done for selling so quickly. I seem to have had nothing but complete clowns ringing up for mine offering the most rediculous px and silly prices.

You say priced to sell, as a matter of interest what price did you get?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts