581 Posts
very nice :thumbsup:

Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
making it legal

Well according to some official sources its not possible to completely legalize a Skyline in Belgium due to the unavailability of left hand drive headlights and what nots which means that it would not pass the 'Control Technique' (the belgian version of the NCT) hence not getting a certificate of conformity and hence not being legal.

I found a bloke over here that does it some way but I'm not sure how he does it. All I know is he brings it to the UK, registers the car there, brings it back, fabricates the new light fittings and then by using witchcraft delivers it back to me with belgian plates and all the neccessary documentation. Happy days! I dont care how he does it because I now have a one of a kind animal which is only 2 hours drive from the Nurburgring:clap:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Dougie said:
Well according to some official sources its not possible to completely legalize a Skyline in Belgium due to the unavailability of left hand drive headlights and what nots which means that it would not pass the 'Control Technique' (the belgian version of the NCT) hence not getting a certificate of conformity and hence not being legal.
QUOTE]

In the US they were using 240SX headlight (pretty direct fit) to pass DOT.

John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Steve, the wheels are by AMK Read, they came with the car and i agree they suit it perfectly. I had originally planned to change them but as soon as i saw them i thought I couldnt do much better.

John, I asked the guy who is legalizing the car was he using lights from the 240sx but he said there would be a problem with the 'control technique'.

I'll post more pics when its finished (will be doin some stuff with the interior).

·
Registered
204 Posts

I found a bloke over here that does it some way but I'm not sure how he does it. All I know is he brings it to the UK, registers the car there, brings it back, fabricates the new light fittings and then by using witchcraft delivers it back to me with belgian plates and all the neccessary documentation. Happy days! I dont care how he does it because I now have a one of a kind animal which is only 2 hours drive from the Nurburgring:clap:

it took abouth 2months to get my r34gtr on the road :smokin:
with original headlights :chuckle: i have found a way to correct the Xenon-lights

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did it pass the control technique no problem? Wish i'd known that before i done it, would have saved me a bundle!! Mine have been changed back to the originals now so i'd be interested to know how to do it!

Cheers bud,
James

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Very clean, very nice :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts