GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
assume you replacing all the arms, etc with Nismo, bushes, etc and such like?
Yup, Nismo and Strongflex polybushes, they are the only one willing to make them in black as i can't stand having red/yellow or blue bushes under the car.

·
Registered
25,042 Posts
just replace the bushes with OEM Nissan. replace the transmission brace (its 25,000 yen), for example, not sure what you mean on the handling? freight? no idea, prob 50,000 yen id imagine, the box is quite big.

get the Nismo steering bushes, and replace all the fuel line clips etc.

when i can i will post up the 32 (when its on a ramp) to show you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
just replace the bushes with OEM Nissan. replace the transmission brace (its 25,000 yen), for example, not sure what you mean on the handling? freight? no idea, prob 50,000 yen id imagine, the box is quite big.

get the Nismo steering bushes, and replace all the fuel line clips etc.

when i can i will post up the 32 (when its on a ramp) to show you.
Thanks for the advice and taking the time for that, I meant about the driving impressions with the Nismo sway bars, are you liking it or would you replace them with another brand ?

I have this kit on my list, is it the one you're referring to ?

·
Registered
25,042 Posts
yes i have the engine mounts, they went in when the engine did, but was referring to the steering bushes (front).

no idea on the sway bars for the 32, never drive it in 4 years. its just been parked up, tuned etc. im sure most ARBs will be exactly the same.

i just ordered 2 of everything so i have spares going forward incase Omori decide to discontinue stuff.

enjoy the rebuild process, its fun, but also freaking expensive :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
yes i have the engine mounts, they went in when the engine did, but was referring to the steering bushes (front).

no idea on the sway bars for the 32, never drive it in 4 years. its just been parked up, tuned etc. im sure most ARBs will be exactly the same.

i just ordered 2 of everything so i have spares going forward incase Omori decide to discontinue stuff.

enjoy the rebuild process, its fun, but also freaking expensive :(
Ok, thanks for the precision, it makes sense, they gonna all be replaced anyway.

I can imagine and especially if you're busy, little time to drive it.

About the parts, it's definitely expensive and I'm getting them from the US mostly as they are cheaper, they have them in stock and are open to negotiation for big orders and once the car is done, I'm planning to do another build and make a stock of parts as that's my main concern too about Nissan saying us byyyyyye boys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everybody,

I thought to share with you my R32 GTR restoration in Croatia.

I bought the car in the UK end of 2019 and was with the same owner since 2015.

It's a genuine low mileage car (76xxx km's when purchased ) with the necessary background checks in Japan to link all the dots about this car as importing one either from a dealer or through auctions with an Importer wasn't an option I wanted to consider (I know trust issues is a real thing) and confirmed later by Denis and his staff (original clutch, belts etc.).

With rust only on the surface, most parts were showing their age such as the rubbers etc.

After searching for a shop to restore it as the car was worthy to put money on to keep it for many years to come, I've contacted Denis Piljek after seeing what he and his team have achieved on the R31 and R33.

After discussing what I wanted and various other things, I've decided to go ahead with him as he really have an eye for details, entrepreneurship, standard processes in place when restoring cars and his vision about scaling his business, I knew he was the right person with the right team meeting my standards while still making my project financially viable without forgetting his genuine friendliness, easy to reach and communication because I don't want to spend time running after anyone.

We did agree on a date to pickup my car as I couldn't drive to Croatia due to the weather and time constraints, he did send me a driver with a trailer to get things started.

Upon reception, his team have done a full check of the car (paint thickness, engine compression etc.) then started dismantling the car without failing to keep me updated on its progress with >1500 photos only for January.

Then I've decided to make a trip to Zagreb to visit him and his team and his warm welcome confirmed I was right choosing him.

Because he couldn't make it on time to pick me from the airport, he did send me one of his staff member, a gesture really appreciated.

His shop is like a candy shop for grow up Mens, give him a visit if you don't believe me.

On top of being clean and organised with dedicated hubs, he have a whole warehouse for dismantling, assembling and detailing cars while the others are for body work, metal shaping, engine assembly, metal blasting etc., well thought when restoring cars.

He did assemble a great team (good ratio of junior and more experienced Takumis to learn from each other) leveraging on the strength and capacity of each, such as Kruno, despite his young age, is responsible for the parts supply with a global network he did grow over the years that he can reach to find rare parts and regardless of the car they are working on (learned tons from him).

I had a great night out with Kruno, Bruno and Franko with a quick visit to his shed, lots of car discussions and driving through Zagreb by night which have sealed our friendship (thanks boys for your time :) ).

We went out to eat with Denis the following evening, had great discussions about leadership, entrepreneurship and car business management in general (learned tons from him too).

Then was time to leave Zagreb, he kindly picked me up the following day to drop me at the airport and left with a head filled with lots of memories.

Hope you all enjoy this journey with me.
Wow terrific, your post very informational, thanks for sharing this.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts