GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 469 Posts

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R32 is on a boat bound for these shores. Thought I'd post up some initial shots to keep me going whilst I await it's arrival. I know that the car needs a wash and some tidying before anyone mentions it!

Splitter needs painting and I think an undertray might be on the agenda too

Tints will go, I fancy a diffuser and Nismo lip spoiler

Nismo sideskirts/spats would be nice. Apparently three spoke Advans are very light. Can't stand them myself so...

Never quite understood why people only change the driver's seat. Can't stand it myself so I'll have either find an OEM seat or buy another to match the aftermarket one.

Good, it has an engine! Should be in good nick given the mileage. Wonder if I can isolate the filters from all that under-bonnet heat better.

Looks like the previous owner had a boot install in here. I'll need a replacement carpet then. Perhaps a good time to move the battery to the boot...

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You like them!?!?

They scream SAAB 900 to me but each to their own. I'm sure they'll be in the for sale section when I've got some replacements sorted.

I had noticed the gear-knob I have Sparco leather one from my old GTiR in the garage somewhere so that'll be fitted.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Can't abide 3-spokes either mate, but the Advans are reputed to be as light as hell.

Nice looking motor, a few little bits tidied and it'll be a stunner.

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
i like 3 spokes, yourl get very good £ for them on sxoc.

mods on the car look quite old though (hks very old school bovs)

looks ok though :)

(btw nismo dont make a splitter for an R32GTR)

BUT you do have a clock!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like 3 spokes, yourl get very good £ for them on sxoc.

mods on the car look quite old though (hks very old school bovs)

looks ok though :)

(btw nismo dont make a splitter for an R32GTR)

BUT you do have a clock!
A few quid for the current wheels would be nice, help me offset those Nismo/Rays I spoke to you about!

I think that the BOVs will go. Can't see the point of them anyway. Not keen on that under bonnet bling thing. So I think I'll block them off and run without.

The undertray will probably be the Abflug one we discussed. Was thinking about it the other day and I wondering if a GRP might be a better bet than CF. Given the number speed bumps infesting the roads nowadays something which can be repainted might be a good call.

Is having a clock a good thing and more to the point how can you tell that from those pictures!?!?!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yeah, I'd planned on having to buy a gear knob when mine arrived, but the guys had packaged it up with manuals, remotes etc and shipped it seperately so it didn't all get tea leafed. Best just to wait till it arrives and evaluate then. Frustrating I know - I waited nearly 2 months for mine!!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm getting drawn towards black half leather for the bolsters/sides and a grey alcantara for the centre sections. Along the lines of the stock set-up but with a larger alcantara section on the bottom than stock. Considering grey stitching for the leather too. I'd like to keep it looking vaguely like standard. Does anyone know if there was a leather option on the R32?

Popped over to see a local trimmer today. Lovely bloke who had a range of lovely cars being worked on. However after a quick chat and as I noticed what he was actually working (a 250GTO and 1920s Ford thing with pcitures of the work he's done on F40s in the background) on I realised he might be a big high end for me. Don't want to spend more than the value of the car on the retrim!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I rather like the stock seats TBH. There's already a Bride or some such in the car which I did consider matching on the passenger side but then you end up with the seats not matching front to rear.

Cheers for the suggestion though!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
But that would end up costing more than the re-trim I'm planning and I'd have cloth seats rather than leather/alcantara! I'm not too keen on having dirty great big bride logos running across my seats either. Given that I'm happy with the stock seats the whole process would be pointless.

1 - 20 of 469 Posts