GTR Forum banner

461 - 469 of 469 Posts

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
As some might be aware I'm in the drawn out process of replacing all of the rubber hosing on the car. It's taking forever to get to all the hoses under the plenum. I swear that someone in Japan is now having a good laugh at all these idiots trying to get to the water hoses around the back of the engine.

Anyway as enjoyable as the process isn't I've noticed thjat some of the hardpipes are in a sorry state. Being me I had to clean them up.

Before:

I attacked it with a wire brush on my dremmel to remove all of the lose materials and rust. Some degreaser and then on with the paint. Apparently Hammerite don't make satin finish black some looks like I'm switching to gloss black from now on:

The hardpipe which runs around the front of the engine was looking skanky too so got the treatment. Whilst accessing it (fun with the fan in place) I saw how rubbish the radiator stays were looking. Some paint and new rubber helped smarten them up too:

Had a crack at the throttle linkage thing too:

Lots of work on-going with the hose purge which I will post to a future update when I'm finished

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Finally some progress

I have hunted down and replaced pretty much every rubber hose in the enginebay and replaced it. A few more bits for sort before I can enjoy fitting the plenum.

Attacked the old fuel hoses and have enjoyed learning how to make up braided hoses.

Also put in a new fuel filter. Seemed worthwhile when I was in there. Looking at it now I think some sleeving is in order for where the braided hoses cross over. Might get some spiral wrap stuff.

In my usual target creep fashion I decided to improve upon the not so good blue finish on the Cusco master cylinder stopper. Took the opportunity to reuse some spare silicon hose as a 'bumper' too.

461 - 469 of 469 Posts