GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing great here really or new as plenty of ppl have done it in the past, but here are some pics of my nice new (new to me) brembo front calipers (thx PeterE), and GTR front discs (thx J. Pidgeon) Also u will see that i have used the BF goodridge brake hose kit and, also used castrol SRF brake fluid, i'll never do a track day i guess but why do half a job i say.

Fitting the calipers was easy although i had to get four new calipers bolts as the GTS ones were too big, 12mm bolts incase anyone wants to know for future reference are the ones u need. Also u need a bolt to bring disc of the hub, this is 8mm if i remember.

The brake hose kit is for the GTR but i made it work seeing as i have brembos front and rear now, rears went fine, but i guess the GTR suspension up front must differ a great deal to where the brake hose/block locates compared to on the GTS. So in my case i made it work and fit fine without it interfering with the suspension or full wheel movement etc.

Brakes pads were ADL numbers so nothing really great there, although for the money wish i'd got better but that always been done at a later date.

Other than that bleed the brakes and totally flush new brake fluid through and all was okay, lot of swearing and cursing at the one man bleed kit i bought which was not very good to say the least, so my missus (thx Lolly) did just as well sat in the car pumping the pedal etc, lol:D :p :D

Heres the pics:-

Here is the rear calipers with new BF hose visible, it differs in that its one piece whereas standard on the GTR and GTS there is hose then a metal block and then metal brake pipe to the caliper.

Front brake with BF brake hose visible:-

Front brake again, this is the block that should mount on the suspension, but it was threaded where u see the red plastic screws and i had nowhere it could attach to or match the thread so this is how it sits now:-

Anyway brakes feel much better considering the pads haven't even worn in yet and pedal feel is far better than before.
:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also why can't i ever get my pics to show without clicking on them? I use the IMG tool option when posting the thread!:(

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
IMG

had same problem with Yahoo - without checking I assume they disabled this feature. Moved images to a free web space provider (Lycos) - IMG now works fine

Harry

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Hi Rich,
Looks the business mate, and I bet when you stand back and check them out with both the front and rear Brembo's it really looks cool.

Must stop the bollocks too :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wheel nuts... :D

Top job there Rich.

How did you get on with the, now how did you put it at the time?... Oh yes; "f***ing one man bleed kit with the non return valve thing sucked *** as its s**t" you where telling me about:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Jason, yeah the car stops well now but will know better in a few hundred miles once all has settled in, but an improvement over standard anyway. The way the car is parked at the mo its hard to tell as u can't stand from a distance and look, but it does fill the wheel more anyway.

Jason in the end i cut the end off that poo god damn bleed kit and used it as my bleed pipe whilst lolly sat and pumped the pedal as i lost my other bit of pipe, so in the end the bleed kit came out tops:D :p lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts