GTR Forum banner
161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
The car is cleaner than I could have ever hoped. Yesterday I also chopped out the rats nest of an Audio install that someone had commissioned in Japan. Car is now sporting a Pioneer Apple Car Play / Android touch-screen. All it needed was a Nissan Micra harness connector. look fantastic in the slot. possibly slightly too much of a gap below but honestly I am being seriously fussy here. Also found a strange cable, power and ground which appears to route to the Screen.... any ideas anyone?

Dead happy... just the car is dead slow. Bloody tall 1st gear + not much low down torque = pedestrian.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The car is cleaner than I could have ever hoped. Yesterday I also chopped out the rats nest of an Audio install that someone had commissioned in Japan. Car is now sporting a Pioneer Apple Car Play / Android touch-screen. All it needed was a Nissan Micra harness connector. look fantastic in the slot. possibly slightly too much of a gap below but honestly I am being seriously fussy here. Also found a strange cable, power and ground which appears to route to the Screen.... any ideas anyone?

Dead happy... just the car is dead slow. Bloody tall 1st gear + not much low down torque = pedestrian.

Do you know what kind of power its running?...

·
Registered
328 Posts
My R35 would literally eat it alive.

The thing is even if you spend alot of cash on upgrades the 35 will still be alot quicker, the key will be (and as your already mentioning it, it will be when not if you do the mods) to make it "feel" quicker may not be as dificult as the 34 feels alot more raw. In its standard form it most definetely will feel sluggish.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
The thing is even if you spend alot of cash on upgrades the 35 will still be alot quicker, the key will be (and as your already mentioning it, it will be when not if you do the mods) to make it "feel" quicker may not be as dificult as the 34 feels alot more raw. In its standard form it most definetely will feel sluggish.
I know and to be honest I don't want to make the mistake of modifying to the point of de-valuing the car in the future. I really believe that these are future classics. My strategy is to take modern technology and apply it to enhance the car... modern injectors... modern ecu... possibly modern loom for coilpacks.

Need to think it through properly.

Alex

·
Registered
206 Posts

Most cars feel pedestrian compared to an R35 but I'd argue there's much more to a car than all out power :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

Even though I've never yet experienced it personally, sometime when a car leaves us I kinda get what it must feel like to have a child leave home to go on their own adventures without you, Alex's 34 departing left a bit of a hole in all of our hearts......:bowdown1:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Epic work Bob, fu*king epic, as I've said before, I don't have the words anymore, all I can do is :bowdown1:.

And Alex, it's stunning, simply stunning.

Kev.

161 - 180 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.